Ripjaws F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH + Asus P8Z68-V PRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH + Asus P8Z68-V PRO

Hi a forum noob but not a Hardware noob, had a bad experience in my current PC with C*****R Ram so ive decided to go with G-Skill for my new system im am building, now this is the motherboard I will be buying, my question is will the Ram work, as I cannot see it in the QVL PDF from the Asus website it only lists CL9 + CL8 with no CL7 listed, thanks in advance.

Should be fine, will want the latest BIOS, then enable XMP and select the 1600 profile (looks like they had a supply of older sticks they used rather than any of the newer ones for testing, saw Flares, PIs, Tridents, reg Ripjaws).....The Ripjaws X line of sticks was designed around the P67/Z68/H67 and new gen CPUs.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok thank you, I can go ahead and order the ram and board will make a note of your reply, I know about the ram being made for p67 and with the z68 taking the best bits of the p67 / h67 I figured it should work, but best to check with the horses mouth.

Comment

Well, better to be the mouth than the other end Let us know how you like them, you going 25, 26 or 2700K?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

hehe sure is, I was debating if I should to go for I5 2500K or i7 2600k from what I read
          the big price difference for only 5% better performance is not worth it, iI would probably overclock to around 4.5ghz, most games are GPU dependent the CPU makes little difference from what I read.

Comment

Biggest advantage the 2600K has is the use of hyperthreading, if the apps you use don't utilize it, no need for it, save the extra $100.....and though you've probably already looked into it, if running 4GHz or over put something towards a decent aftermarket CPU cooler (my 2 cents)

Tman

Comment

Yeah I know about Hyperthreading if I remember correctly it was on the old P4 chips back in the day, not many games and apps support it, I will mainly game and a bit of Audio production with Ableton and FL Studio, I never overclock Ram or Video just CPU, the last 2 coolers I used were the Arctic Freezer Pro and the newer Freezer Pro 2.

Comment

Believe FL Studio uses hyperthreading (had a client that ran it) and those are good coolers, have used a number of them. With the K series the CPU OCs plenty to carry the load, I normally run my 2500K between 4.87 and on up

Tman

Comment

I think it uses Hyperthreading which would handy with lot's of VST's loaded which is what I would mainly use the PC for so decisions decisions if I do go that route it will probably be the i7 2600k.

Comment

If you get the chanece let us know and then how it all turns out

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X