F3-12800cl9q-16gbrl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800cl9q-16gbrl

I have evga X58 Sli LE bios date 11/25/2009 and was wondering if the above ram will work or will i have issues getting them to work?

Currently I using CM3X2G1600C8D x3 and i had ***** of time getting that ram to and mobo to work right, cause if i used XMP for 1600 i would lose 2 gbs of the 6gbs, I then realize after a while soon as I had the ram at any faster then 1528mhz I would lose 2 gbs if I stay lower all 6gbs was found and used I payed like 250$ almost 3 years ago for that ram

I now found F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL for like 60$ and fiqure why not, but i want to make sure the ram will work. and if it does, then I have the ram for my next 2 builds unless they start using ddr4 or something

With you mobo, I'd suggest a triple channel kit, maybe a 3x4GB set..like these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...PC3%2012800%29

..and to be honest, not to count on them for future builds, with Sandy Bridge out now, 1600 is basically entry level, I normally suggest 1866...Sandy Bridge E was just released (Quad channel) and Ivy Bridge is around the corner (being able to use 2600 and better sticks (when they come out).

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

i was trying to avoid triple channel cause of the issue i had just get the ram to run at 1528, at this point even tho ram is so dirt cheap i not sure i need more then the 6gb i almost bought that ram on spur the moment but thought i ask first.

So should basically stick with triple channel

Comment

It will run dual, but sort of defeats the purpose of the triple channel, and the dual channel performance may not be as good as a native dual channel CPU/mobo combo because the CPU and mobo are 'tuned' to tri-channel and little effort is/was made to tune the BIOS of the CPUs MC (memory controller) to dual

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X