Could use some advise.

To get right to it, here are the specs of my system:

Motherboard ASRock 990FX Extreme3
    Bulldozer FX-8120 Overclocked to 3.6
    CPU/NB 2600mhz
    CPU/NB Voltage 1.3v
    HT 2600mhz
    HT Voltage 1.25 (Tried 1.3v)
    G. Skill Sniper Series 2 x 4GB 1866mhz (Stock Timing)
    Dram Voltage 1.5v
    F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR

Other Hardware:
    Win7-64bit
    Tri-Fire 4870x2 + 4870 1GB
    Antec 1200
    Corsair H100
    1000w Rosewill

Problem:
    Guide says that I need 2800mhz CPU/NB frequency to handle the higher memory frequency, however I cannot get to 2800mhz CPU/NB frequency stable at all. Anything over 2600mhz will not boot with any amount of voltage supplied. I keep getting a random BSOD every hour or so. It is close to being stable with 2600, though I can't seem to pinpoint the exact issue.

All power savings settings disabled. Spread Spectrum, C1E, Turbo, LLC (tried enabling and disabling), etc.
    Is 2600mhz CPU/NB enough to sustain the 1866 frequency?
    I will do a memtest today to make sure the memory is playing together properly.

Thanks for any help or advice.
    -FathomX

Do you have the latest BIOS for the mobo, should be a recent one to support Zambesi, which is suppose to have native 1866 DRAM compatibility

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the reply Tradesman,

Yes. I do have the latest bios. 1.2v I believe it is. I just updated it about a week ago to the only version out.

Comment

Could try raising DRAM voltage, maybe to 1.55-1.6, or may need to contact ASRock, doesn't look like they've even tested any 4GB sticks over 1600...these things drive me crazy when the advertise a mobo can run extreme DRAM and amounts of 16, 32, 64GB and haven't tested any that meet the advertising criteria. Your's is advertised to 32GB and with 1866 at stock speeds.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yep

Tradesman,
          You are completely correct. I am going to contact ASRock about that...
          Meanwhile, I will attempt to use a higher dram voltage and see if I can't get stable.
          Do you know if the 2600mhz HT and CPU/NB will be enough to handle the 1866 speed or if I attempt any higher clocks? .....**Assuming that I can pull stability out of a magic hat on this board**

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Might actually take it a bit lower (HT), doesn't seem to like the higher freq, maybe 2400. These (like most AMDs, still have a relatively weak MC and trouble with running fast sticks (even though 1866 is suppose to be native), so it takes high voltages (more heat)

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X