Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL6D-4GBPI (2Gx2) and P8P67 EVO

Hello!

I've recently moved from 1366 to 1155 socket and had to leave my Patriot tri-channel kit behind and dust off these 2 kits of Gskill Black PI series memory rated at 6-8-6-24-2T 1.6v I had shelved from my P55 days.

I assembled my computer and inserted the RAM and the computer doesn't post, it just reboots endlessly when testing the memory.

After many googleing around and testing different setups (P67-GD65, P8p67, P8Z68 /GEN3)
    I suspect the problem lies in the RAM not being compatible with the 1155 platform. The problem is I have friends with the same memory kits working on P67 boards and after trying to up the voltage, the VCSA, VCCIO, Vcore, nothing seems to work!

I've tested the ram on a P55 and X58 platforms and they clear 4 runs of memtest86+ so I know they're good. I can only make them work at 1333Mhz or at 1866Mhz CL9, 1.65v

Can you guys please give me any hints as to why I can't make my memory work with XMP or even manual settings close to XMP? I know it's specifically designed for the P67 but it should work...

Thanks in Advance.

First, make sure you have the latest BIOS, can be found here:

http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Int..._EVO/#download

then install in proper slots, enable XMP and select the 1600 profile and try that

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hello,

I have the latest 2001 BIOS and I've tried XMP with 4,2,1 DIMM configurations and nothing works, it just reboots endlessly. I even tried manually selecting the 1600MHz RAM Frequency and sellecting the timmings by hand and still no joy. I run my i7 2600K at stock, could that be the problem? I think 1600MHz RAM doesn't require any overclock but i could be wrong.
      Last edited by Wolfskin07; 11-22-2011, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Have you tried the mobo with other sticks, maybe your Patriots?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Works flawlessly. I set it to XMP and they default to 1866 at CL 8-8-8-24 and they work without problems. Only I didn't want to use only 4GB and if I insert all 3 DIMMS i'll be losing perofrmance =/

Also it works good with 2x4GB Gskill RAMs designed for SB =P
          Last edited by Wolfskin07; 11-22-2011, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Sounds like possibly a bad stick, even if they tested OK, GSkill should be in later today may have something on your sticks and mobo - have you tried the PIs one set at a time? If each works okay, they may not want to play together as two sets and XMP won't work, would then set up manually with a little extra juice to the DRAM and the VCCIO

Tman

Comment

I've tried every combination possible and still no go =/ I'll check by later to see if he has any ideas then.

Thx for the advice.

Comment

Post pictures of BIOS and I can see if anything is wrong causing problems.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

I will post some screens of the config i was trying to boot of at 1600MHz later tonight. BTW, is there anyway you can screenshot an UEFI?

Regards,

Wolfskin07

Comment

Most take photos w/ a phone/digital camera and post the photos on a free hosting site them provide the links to their photos when going w/ photos

Tman

Comment

So I tried Taking photos with my phone ( I don't own a digital camera) and they turned out really crappy so I'm gonna post the settings I used:

Try 1:

AI Overclock Tuner: X.M.P
                      BCLK/PEG Fequency: AUTO
                      Internal PLL Overvoltage: AUTO
                      Memory Frequency: 1600MHz

DRAM Voltage: 1.60V
                      VCCSA Voltage: AUTO
                      VCCIO Voltage: AUTO
                      CPU PLL Voltage: AUTO
                      PCH Voltage: AUTO

CPU Frequency: stock
                      CPU Voltage: AUTO

Try 2 and above:

AI Overclock Tuner: MANUAL
                      BCLK/PEG Fequency: 100.0
                      Internal PLL Overvoltage: AUTO
                      Memory Frequency: 1600MHz

DRAM Voltage: 1.60V to 1.65V
                      DRAM TIMMING: 6-8-6-24 2N and 9-9-9-24 2N also tried AUTO
                      VCCSA Voltage: from 0.925V up to 1.10V
                      VCCIO Voltage: AUTO
                      CPU PLL Voltage: AUTO
                      PCH Voltage: AUTO

CPU Frequency: stock
                      CPU Voltage: AUTO

I hope this is what you were asking for.

Regards,

Wolfskin07

Comment

You should not use XMP.

You should not adjust VCCSA, only VCCIO.

What are the advanced timings with all four modules inserted?

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hello,

I have the modules working at 1866MHz so whatever timmings I have are not in any way related to the speed of 1600MHz , am I right?

If I can't boot the computer with the memory at 1600MHz how can I see what advanced timmings I have?

Regards,

Wolfskin07

Comment

If it boots and runs at 1866, then you should still be able to go into the BIOS and see the advanced timings, unless you have set them individually, they are all prob at AUTO...the timings you most need to be aware of and working with are the base timings which you can also see in BIOS or run CPU-Z and look at the memory tab

Tman

Comment

Hello,

I'm aware of where to see my timmings but If i'm running at 1866MHz the board auto adjusts timmings to the speed of the memory, therefore it would be useless to post my current timmings here since the memory isn't running at it's rated speed of 1600MHz.

Am I missing something?

Regards,

Wolfskin07

Comment

Working...
                              X