G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 4GB 2x2GB CL7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 4GB 2x2GB CL7

Hello, just found this forum and i hope that here i can find a solution of my problem.

I got a set of G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 4GB 2x2GB CL7 installed on Asus P8P67 , 2600K and a Sapphyre 5850.Two Baracudas 320GB and 500GB. 600W PSU Raidmax.
    My problem is that i cant set my timings. The timings have to be 7-8-7-24 2T on 1.50V but the most i can get is 8-8-7-24 on exactly 1.50V.With any other change the PC won't boot. on default BIOS settings i turn on the X.M.P. profile on and the PC wont boot, if i change my speed from Auto to 1600Mhz the result is the same, with all settings on default.Any ideas why my set wont work on 7-8-7-24?
    Oh tested all the voltages from 1.50 to 1.60, on 1.60 boots till Windows 7 loading screen and then restarts, when i OC the RAM to 1866 it boots in windows, works like 2 minutes and then blue screen.

What model of sticks do you have, is it the stock P8P67 or a derivative (i.e. the Le, the EVO, etc)? If stock make sure you have the latest BIOS, can be found here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...8P67/#download

Then go to BIOS enable XMP and select the 1600 profile and try that,

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Those are my sticks

http://www.pccomponentes.com/g_skill...2x2gb_cl7.html

I got the P8P67-B3 the BIOS version i use is 1850, got it updated from AI 2 when it got available.I got only 1 profile to select in the XMP and its the 1600.

Comment

ASUS shows the B3 with a version of 2001 BIOS, dated 10/6/2011, might try that

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...8P67/#download

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Just did, no change with XPM profile or manual settings.Ill try one more image but i think it will have the same effect.

Comment

Test one at a time with XMP to see if one may be bad causing problems.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Took one out and had no problem running it with the XMP on 1600 7-8-7-24.With the second first got black screen no boot, after one restart booted in windows with the XMP profile on but the timings in CPUID 9-9-9-28 restarted again and now i got both rinning with the XMP on 7-8-7-24. Yey! Ill just wait and see if the thing run smooth for now on, this was very strange.

Comment

Odd, but may have been a BIOS glitch or maybe a stick not fully seated

Tman

Comment

Almost forgot to thank you guys for the fast replys, its good to know that there are ppl that are ready to help.Many Thanks!

Comment

No problem, Gskill has great products and support, and there are a lot of people here that are knowledgable and help out, It's a good forum keep in touch with hardware and stuff

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X