RipjawsX question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RipjawsX question

Hi, I'm new in this forum. and I'm kinda new to OC'ing stuff. I just want to ask you guys about my F3-12800CL7D-4GBXM RAM.

I got an ASUS P8Z68 V - Pro board and an i7 2600k running at stock speed. Before I was using F3-12800CL7D-4GBXM kit. I was able to run them at their rated speed 7-8-7-24 1600 @ 1.5v. I decided to add another kit to make it 8gigs, the problem now is that I cant run them at their rated speed. I cant boot to windows unless all the timings, voltage and clock speed are set to auto in the BIOS. I already did a BIOS update but that didn't solve the problem. Any response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mixing sets (even of the same model) can be problematic....You've upgraded the BIOS which is good, so next check and make sure the CR (Command Rate) is at 2T (or 2N), if already there will want to raise DRAM voltage +.05, if still problems try raising the VCCIO voltage about the same +.05....from there if need be can raise each (DRAM/VCCIO) a bit at a time say +.01 till stable, normally +.05 to .1 on DRAM and VCCIO + .05 to + .08 or so will do it.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, been very busy at work plus school stuff. Thank you very much for the quick response, gotta try that when I have my free time.

Comment

No problem, let us know how it goes.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I tried raising the DRAM voltage from 1.5v up to 1.65v and VCCIO from 1.05 to 1.08v and still no display. At 1.65v DRAM and 1.08 VCCIO I manage to boot into windows but after the windows logo I got the BSOD again.

Comment

Did you make sure each kit is in the same colored slots? They may be incompatible in the same computer. I would suggest exchanging for an 8GB kit.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
              Did you make sure each kit is in the same colored slots? They may be incompatible in the same computer. I would suggest exchanging for an 8GB kit.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH
              Yes they are on the same colored slots. Maybe selling the kit and buying an 8GB kit will be my last resort.

I tried testing the new kit if they can run at their rated speed and they run smoothly with no problem at all but when I put all 8gigs the problem returns. Also tried running in performance mode and I got no post at all. For now at auto they are running stable at 9-9-9-28 2N 1600MHz @ 1.50v with the default 1.05v VCCIO

Comment

Could try OCing a bit and see if that would help with getting to the tighter timings, they may not have gotten the BIOS to the point where it can work with tight timings at 1600.....might even think of trying them at 1866 with the 9-9-9-28 timings

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X