No announcement yet.

F3-10666CL9-8GBSQ & ASUS U36SD : Freeze and coloured horizontal lines on Win 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL9-8GBSQ & ASUS U36SD : Freeze and coloured horizontal lines on Win 7

Hi,
    I have just bought a new ASUS U36SD (Sandy I5 2410 - 4Go - GT 520M : Ref U36SD-RX027X). I have also bought a brand new set of 2x4 Go from GSKILL (F3-10666-CL9D-8GBSQ) to replace the already in 4Go SO-DIMM.
    Win Pro 7 SP1 start OK but freeze randomly with nice coloured horizontal lines alover the screen and some shift of the whole screen. It reminds me an old video card bug 20 years ago !!
    The RAM has been tested in Win7 and on DOS (MEMTEST86+ et classical version). Only one pass but no error.

So am I the only one with this similar issue or is it only a compatibility problem with ASUS laptops and even with U36SD?

The laptop is supposed to get max 8 Go and other people succeed with other brands. The original DDR3 is a KINGSTON 1333S9-4G-ECEWG (CPUID tells it is a PC3-10700 - 9/9/9/25/34)

Thanks for a tip :-)

This'll be one for GSkill support, unless another member might have info today, GSkill should be around Mon late AM/early PM or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tradesman, I will have a nice night and will see their answer tomorrow.
      MKP

Comment

I'll be checking in with them early AM and drop a note

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS and drivers?

Test one module at a time to see if it is one causing a problem.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi,

Ok as soon as I have some time I will make further tests (one by one and again 2 of them, and even a mix with the old DDR3).
            I will let you know.
            And yes all the Bios/Drivers are up to date.
            No freeze for a day with the old DDR3 module in it.

MKP

Comment

Keep us informed

Tman

Comment

Hi everybody,

Finally after an evening and a morning of testing, the results....
                One of the Dual channel memory kit is producing random tests under MEMTESTX86 (+ v4.20 and classical version v3.5b / v4.0) from the UBCD USB Key.
                It is the S/N 1138104L181082.

The Old memory is OK.
                The other memory G-SKILL is OK.
                A mix of the old memory and the first G-SKILL (the one which is not OK) is producing the same random freezes.
                A mix of the old memory and the other G-KILL memory (the one which is OK) is OK.

So my conclusion : the kit is not working properly because of one of the memory.

Could you please give me the RMA procedure to get a new kit. I am living now in Serbia (relocated from France), which is by the way a better place to live

Thanks,
                MKP

Comment

If can't handle it through your e/re-tailer will want to contact rma@gskill.com, info on RMSa can be found here:

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X