ssd drive ram upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssd drive ram upgrade

just got a dell xps L501x, i-5 pentium, with a samsung 256gb hard drive, it has 2x2 gb samsung ram, laptop is very fast starting up, and running, ive seen some posting uprgaded ram with no beneficial results, board can handle 2x4 gb and im looking for outside thoughts from other comparable users, as to whether it would be worthwile for performance.

If you do decide to upgrade, make sure you have a 64bit OS, if it's running a 32bit, you can't even run the full 4GB you have. With upgrading to 8GB you would probably see a performance gain in things like Photo or video work, really large spread sheets/database work, CAD, etc, things like that, or if you often run with a large number of Windows open or apps that run in the background

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

ssd

its 64 bit os, dell shows optimum ram 2x4 pc3 12800, some ssd users are not seeing any performance benefits from ram upgrade, im looking for confirmation

Comment

More RAM won't have much of any effect on the SSD, performance gains would come as mentioned above

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

More memory is beneficial if you use more memory.

For example, if you stream music, have a coupel browsers open, work on a large photoshop file, your laptop may begin to lag due to low available physical memory. By adding more memory like 8GB, it will eliminate the lag until you have twice as many things open as before.

So more memory doesn't make your computer "faster", it just prevents it from slowing down.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X