Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ddr3 f3-8500cl7

Hi,

I have a motherboard Asus M4A79XTD EVO/USB3.

I have also bought 2x4GB G.Skill F3-8500CL7-4GBRL. My configuration was instable and I have tested my memory (memtest86+, prime95) : there are errors when I use them in dual channel.

I have tried to increase the voltage of DRAM (1.6 instead of 1.5) and CPU/NB (1.2 instead of 1.1).
    However I still have errors.

If I use 1 memory stick I don't have any error. Do you think that this memory is not compatible with my motherboard ? In this case, which memory do you recommend for me. I want 2x3 GB or 2x4 GB if possible.

Thank you.
    Last edited by mki; 11-20-2011, 08:02 AM.

Will want to run Memtest on each stick individually to test them, but first, I'd ensure you have the latest BIOS for your mobo. Then set them up manually to the rated specifications on the package and set the CR (Command Rate) to 2N or 2T, it may default to 1T/1N

If you are thinking up upgrading you'll want 2x4GB (they don't make 2x3GB) and I'll need to know your CPU and what it's OCed to if you are OCing to offer a recommendation for a set of 2x4GB, many CPUs can only run to a certain freq (i.e. say 800, 1066, 1333, etc, and some also have problems with sticks running tight timings (i.e. high performance) so I'll need to have an idea of the CPU/Power we are dealing with
    Last edited by Tradesman; 11-20-2011, 09:48 AM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X