Ripjaws 1600 mhz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws 1600 mhz

Hello,bought a second set of G.SKILL DDR3 8gigs 1600 MHz Memory, the old set runs at 1333 MHz, and the new ones at 1600 MHz , I disabled XMP, before I installed the new set ????? both sets are the same, how come the run at different speeds ????

What model or models do you have...or hold on, what are you looking at? CPU-Z maybe? I'm guessing in the SPD tab? if so you need to look at the memory tab to see what they are running at....if you have all 4 sticks in they will be running at the same speed, which will be shown in the Memory Tab. I'm just guessing, but think you may be looking at the max bandwidth area of the spd tab, which simply provides the generic model of the what the default boot up freq is for the set, many of the Ripjaws in particular have been upgraded from 1333 defaults to 1600

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ripjaws 1600 mhz

F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL , G.SKILL DDR3 8gigs 1600 MHz Memory, is the model, you are right about the Memory running at the same speed ,the max bandwidth on Slot 1 and 3 reads 667MH Slot 2and 4 read 800 MHZ and on the Memory tab it reads 668.3 MHZ, Thanks for the help

Comment

If both sets are the same (the 12800 model) you are prob running at a default setting since the memory tab read 668 which is 1336, if both are in fact 1600 sets and your CPU/mobo combo can handle 1600, the the memory tab should read 800, unless you want to run at default

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X