• Problems detecting memory

Okay I need some help.

I have a brand new rig. Brand new everything:

Asus P6T6 WS Workstation X58
    Intel 980x
    12gb Trident PC3-16000
    (2) EVGA GTX 295 video cards
    1kw PSU - Thermaltake

Right now I have Windows 7 64 bit (Ultimate) installed . . . . and it was a fight to get it installed.

The sytem only detects 10 gigs of memory. Right now voltages are 1.66 and 1.30.

Timings are at 9-9-9-27.

Let me know if anybody has a solution. Thanks!

First, do you have the latest BIOS, 0905, if not can be found here:

http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...tion/#download

Next, what Tridents do you have 3x4GB (1 set), 6x2GB (2 sets) ...... sort of guessing one of the CL9 derivatives, but please confirm (the actual model # or #s would be best).

If wanting to run 2000, what type OC are you running and the setting for same as well as system voltages, you have a couple of them above, but having all would help (if the BIOS isn't the problem)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Memory specs

Okay here are the model numbers and info:

First I have (6) x 2gb sticks.

Model: F3-16000CL9D-4GGBTD CL9-9-9-27

They are config'd in the XMP mode:

9-9-9-27 w/ 1.66v and 1.35v

2N

Everything else is AUTO.

With this config I show 8gb of ram.

With it in 9-9-9-24 and 1N, I get 10gb.

With it in 8-8-8-24 and 1N, I get 12gb but it's not stable and the OS won't boot.

Thanks,

Mike

Comment

Bios

Yes, I am running the 0905 BIOS.

Comment

So it's 3 sets of of 2x2GB? First try disabling XMP and set them up manually, XMP won't work correctly with multiple sets. Then I'd try 8-8-8-24 2T 1.7 DRAM voltage and see how that does.....with three separate sets of sticks, there may be one (or more) that is bad, also the possibility that the sets don't want to play together (the 1.7 DRAM voltage may help), could also raise the QPI/VTT a bit to try and stabilize. There's a thread on i4memory.com that's pretty good about setting the voltages here:

http://i4memory.com/f55/intel-core-i...-ratios-23430/

But also keep in mind the possibility that they won't work together, which is why it's always best to buy an entire set that's tested to work together

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

No dice.

I tried the following:

Manual
            8-8-8-24
            2N
            1.7 DRAM
            1.30 QPI

Result: The board now only sees 4gb of ram.

Comment

Could you post your BIOS setting? Also might start with one set, see what you can do, if you can get one stable then add another and sort of work it that way, I'll take a look at your settings and see if anything looks wrong

Tman

Comment

You need a new kit. Send them in for RMA and exchange for a kit like the G.Skill F3-16000CL9T-12GBRM

Don't even bother with multiple Trident kits.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Okay, thanks!

Will do, thank you.

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X