Help with compaitable memory.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with compaitable memory.

Hi everyone, was looking to see if anyone can help me out with a issue Im facing.

I recently was forced to rebuild my computer.(old mobo blew) I bought a ASUS M4A87TD EVO motherboard. I got everything put together and everything powered up but I was getting nothing onscreen. I had a flashing red light that was linked to the memory. After closer inspection noticed that the memory I had purchased was one letter off in the model number for memory that was compatible for this board.
    I purchased G.skills F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM (DDR3-1600 PC3).
    The closest on ASUS QVL was F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH.
    But I can't seem to find any memory on the newegg.com site that is the ASUS memory capability list. I dont know if I'm searching the newegg site wrong or what. I did find one set of memory from g.skills but it was $100.00 and I was looking to spend about the same, $50.00(as I will be RMAing the old memory)

So can anyone link me with some G.skill memory that works for this board? Also from newegg.com?
    And preferably blue in color since my whole setup is blue.
    Looking to spend between $50-75

Thank you anyone who can help. If you need anymore info just let me know. This is my first time building a computer so I'm not a tech guy to say the least.

First thing, check that you have the latest BIOS, believe we just had someone with the same identical problem (and same mobo/DRAM (the Ripjaws Medium)), and ASUS connected them to a BIOS update that was just released, believe the on that the QVL listed the sets ending in H and L (the high and low sets) but not the M or Mediums. So check that first, because the sticks should work with the mobo as long as your CPU can run 1600 sticks (didn't see the CPU listed)...if it's not the BIOS, there's a sticky on setting up 1600 sticks with AMD you should check:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for the info. I'll probably have my friend who is helping me with my build check the info out as he will understand it better then I will. The only thing upon completing my system build, everything turns on but I get nothing from my screen. So I dont think I can even access the bios. I just tried using the the "MemOK!" switch as advised by the ASUS manual to begin automatic memory compatibility tuning. But after a bit it goes back to a solid red light for memory.

Im also worried as I tried save some money with this build so I tried keeping my old hard drive and OS. With doing this I was forced to use a adapter to connect the hard drive to this board. I'm starting to wonder if this may be the reason I'm not getting any signal to my screen.
      Heres a better list of my specs.

VideoCard
      SAPPHIRE FleX 100314FLEX Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

CPU
      AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT55TFBGRBOX

Mobo
      ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

And the adapter I tried to use
      Vantec IDE to SATA Converter - Model CB-IS100

Comment

Try disconnecting the harddrive and see if you can get to the BIOS and the anything comes up on screen. Make sure you have the graphics card firmly seated and proper power to the card, power to the mobo and also to the cpu power connector, graphics cable is good and secure at both ends, monitor has power. Also if the build is already in the case, make sure it's firmly secured into the standoffs and all standoffs are used to prevent shorts.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X