Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9T-12GBSR In An Alienware Alx

Hello Forum Members,

I'm the new owner of an Alienware Area 51 Alx and ordered a 12 gb kit of F3-12800CL9T-12GBSR to put in it and that is where the wheels fell off the bus.

When I run the default settings (they did recognize ok) I get a 0000124 bsod error and after few days of trying this and that it only happens once the memory is installed.

I'm guessing that the factory settings are not acceptable and need an idea of what settings I might try.

These damn pc's are fast but have got to be the most temperamental unit I have ever owned. Now understand I'm a tech so ALL drivers are updated and the bios has been reset on all 3 boards when I do a reset but I have not yet tried to individually place the memory one by one to see if one is bad so maybe I'll try that next.

If this is the incorrect memory for this unit I'll order what is correct and put these on the Bay but all I want is to see what this thing can do with REAL memory installed.

Alienware Area 51 ALX

Intel I7 960
    GTX 580
    F3-12800CL9T-12GBSR

TY For The Read
    Mr.Wags

Emailed you the necessary timings.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Have A Great Day

Ty for the information and I will get on it tomorrow. You see I have had this thing for a week and have a bad ocd disorder when it come's to my electronics. I knew it was the settings but being a 5800.00 dollar machine that I paid get this 1299.00 for I simply didn't want to play with any voltage settings in the dark so to speak.

You see I'm old BUT have been gaming since gaming was invented. My little me is the lucky one growing up in a house that embraces technology for we have been around long enough to see it come from nothing to what it is today.

Besides to overclock this beast would simply be a waste of electricity,my old **** is having a hard enough time keeping up as it is.

TY For The Help C.F.L
      Mr.Wags

Comment

9-10-9-28-128-12-7-6-7-2T

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Solution Found

I have the Msi board in my Alienware and thought I would share what has taken me many days to figure out.

Bios revisions A10 and or A11 for this model are well CRAP and the only way to get this memory running stable is to let it run at 667mhz or else you will have unstable reboots and or lock ups.

The cure at least for me is to upgrade by downgrading to Bios A09 load optimal settings set the uncore to +200 and call it a day. You can get it to work on the A10 but like I said it's just wrong to try and the A11 forget about it save yourself the trouble and pass.

For Dell to get worse with each update on a system that folks pay 4000,00 or more for is pretty bad business imho,I only paid 1299.00 for mine and I'm still pissed it took this long to make it work.

My Penny
          Mr.Wags

Comment

Don't blame you! but glad it's running

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X