Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16GB RAM on Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 - REALLY NEED HELP

Hi

I am using a 1090T on a Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Motherboard in combination with F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH.

When i only used 2 x 4GB i had no problems, i only had to correct the timings and thats it. I never had problems, but when i added another 8GB(2x4GB) i got random system crashes and i couldnt even open a game.

I googled a lot and i tried a lot and the pc got more stable, but when i exit a game the pc freezes all the time and i have to restart it, even the taskmanager doesnt give me a response and the screen keeps beeing black.

What I did so far:

- 1333Mhz
    - 1,51 Volt (1,50 doesnt exist, only 1,41 and so on...)
    - correct timings, 7 7 7 21 2
    - compared the sub timings (those with 190ns and so on) with those when I am using only 2x4GB and changed them
    - tried ganged and unganged

But I dont get the RAM stable. When I am using 2x4GB everything is fine.

Could the support tell me the correct sub timings? Perhaps it has to do something with that.

Thanks a lot!

Toni

With 16GB suggest raising the DRAM Voltage + .06 and the CPU/NB + .05

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi

Thx for the reply, i tried it out but it didnt help. The MB also didnt start anymore after trying other things, so i had to do a clr CMOS now.

Are there other things i can try?

Toni

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Post pictures of sub timings. Full slots need higher timings, NOT the same as 2 modules.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi

I testet the RAM now with Memtest and in 60 Minutes i had 0 Errors.

Perhaps it worked the whole time, and Modern Warfare 3 has only a bug that you cant use ALT + TAB to get out... (then the black screen appears, taskmanager and so on doesnt work, only a hardcore reboot helps)
            I confounded that blackscreen with that i got before in all the games while playing without pushing alt + tab...

I also had no reboots when using windows so far.

However I will post the sub timings tomorrow, they look diffrent to those with 8 GB...

THX for the fast support!

Toni

Comment

No problem and let us know the sub timings

Tman

Comment

Ok HERE are the subtimings.

Are they okay?

Thx.

Toni

Comment

Timings look fine.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Black screens usually point to the graphic card and/or it's driver or a game bug.
                    This becomes more apparent since you seem to mainly have this problem when gaming.
                    Is MW3 really worth it?
                    Go play a real man's game....BF3 all the way!!! lol
                    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
                    Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
                    ASUS Crosshair V Formula
                    2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
                    SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
                    Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
                    Corsair HX850W Modular
                    Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
                    2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

In the end, i went back and used only 8GB again in 2x4GB modules, because the 16GB caused trouble again... and i need a stable system!

But then suddenly, also the two 4GB had problems. So i tried the two other 4GBs but they crashed the system too (crash, no bluescreen, i cant turn the pc on, i have to put the power supply off, then i can restart).

So after that, i tried each combination of the 4 4GB modules and the one i am using now seems to work, no crashes so far although i penetrated them a lot.
                      But i realized in the BIOS that the Trfc of the active modules were 160ns but i could remember that the other combinations of the modules before, it was 90ns.

So perhaps that was the problem? I will try that out but i ask myself, why the 8GB worked over weeks normally and then suddenly not... i didnt change anything in BIOS.

But here my question: when i get the 8GB with every module stable, i will try the 16GB again. What can i do? You said the timings would be okay, but it crashed again. When i raise the voltage from 1,510 to 1,530 for example, it doesnt work because in Windows or also in the PC health status it shows me 1,510 Volt although i manually changed it.

Comment

tRFC should be 160ns, 90ns is very low.

Did you memtest the modules? Need to make sure one module is not bad causing problems.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi

I only wanted to tell everybody that the problem was my power supply, it let the system crash in the beginning because the few volts more of the two extended RAMs were too much and the system was unstable after because the power supply got shitty.

In the moment the whole 16GB are running and running since a few days without problems, thx to the new power supply.

I spent 150 Euro for my Enermax but it didnt prevent problems, i learned something

But thx for the quick help GSkill etc., i really appreciate that!

Toni

Comment

Glad to hear the problems solved, keep in touch

Tman

Comment

Working...
                            X