Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Will the ASUS crosshair IV formula support the G-Skill 8GBXL Ripjaws X RAM cards
    any help is much obliged.

Simple answer is Yes, going further, they will support Ripjaws X up through 2000 sticks (i.e. 1333, 1600, 1866, 2000 sets) although that's the mobo itself....you also need to figure in that you need a CPU that handle what you want to install. AMD CPUs have limitations, i.e. a 965 rev C3 would prob be the min you'd want for 1600 sticks, faster than that you'll want to go to a better CPU......also depends on your OCing experience the faster the sticks the more involved in setting them up with timings/DRAM voltage/BUS freq/CPU/NB voltage/etc

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thanks for that, the CPU I'm getting is a AMD quad core 970 black will that support the RAM?

Comment

sorry to be more specific the CPU is an "AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 970 Black Edition "125W Edition" 3.50GHz" will this support the RAM?

Comment

Can prob do 1866, if not native can drop to 1600 and tighten down timings and prob get better than 1866 native performance

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

With the 970 CPU, it will be no problem at all.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X