Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on F3-14900CL9-16GBXL on ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME bios setup

F3-14900CL9-16GBXL on ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME bios setup

We keep getting Error 2E no POS on the ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME MoBO with all 4 of the the set of F3-14900CL9-16GBXL installed. If we us only 2 on any slot the PC is booting but very slow. The mobo bios has the latest verson on ASUS web side http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...emeZ/#download

Please help us to set up the BIOS or some tip to get the system work.
    Thanks,

cau54,

Sounds like defective motherboard or bad CPU. Do you have the latest BIOS?

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

g.skill F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL Maximus IV extreme-z

I also tried the g.skill F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK with just two sticks in the A2 B2 slots and it worked fine. The CPU doesn't seem to be the problem because it has run fine at this point. Mostly, I've just had the 2E error code (Memory initialization error) when I use 4 sticks of any type of memory, (IE. I've tried with the 2 different sets of g.skill and a full set of corsair CM3x1024-1333C9).

The bios we have tried is version 0902 which is the latest released within the last couple weeks.

Can you verify if the F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL is compatible with that mother board?

When I booted the system with the f3-1490CL9Q-16GBXL in just 2 slots A1/B1 or A2/B2 the system is unstable and runs quite slow. It also sometimes does not recognize the harddrive with these memory being used.

Thanks!

Comment

Yes, the memory is compatible.

Test one at a time in A2 to see if one performs differently.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

RMA help

After following your instruction with running each memory individually in slot A2, One of the sticks was getting the error 2E upon booting while the others booted fine.

How can I go about getting an RMA for this set of sticks?

thanks for the help!

Comment

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

RMA request sent!

Thanks a bunch! I sent my request in and hopefully I should be receiving a response soon.

Hopefully I wont be needing your help again! haha

Comment

We'll be here regardless, let us know how things work out

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X