Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with RipJaws & ASRock Extreme7 Gen3

Hi Guys,

I'm having a VERY similar issue to "w0lf" in this thread.

I'm running;
    Motherboard: ASRock Extreme7 Gen3 (UEFI v1.30)
    Memory: GSkill RipJaws GS-F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k
    GPU: eVGA Geforce GTX580 1.5Gb 015-P3-1582-KR

The memory is rated at 2133Mhz, 9-11-9-28 and as you can see is correctly detected in the XMP 1.2 Profile section, however in the actual 'BIOS' the DRAM frequency is only 1600, and the CAS timings are 11-11-11-28.

I've tried manually updating this to those rated above, but i get a code of "45" on the Dr. Debug LED on the motherboard, and a non-boot hang. I have to reset the CMOS to boot normally.

As per "w0lf" I can boot and everything runs relatively normally, except some steam games, same as him, Deus Ex crashes me out.

I have raised the issue with ASRock and am waiting for a reply.
    Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue, and has had some success in getting the RAM frequencies sorted out?

Thanks!
    Draxxx

I'd guess the UEFI isn't updated for the sticks yet, could try manual settings and give the CPU an OC and try that

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tradesman!

According to the ASRock page for the Extreme7 Gen3, the RAM is supported... I mean its detected correctly.. :S

I have tried the manual settings but its a no go.. I guess I could try pumping up the overall frequency..

Comment

Try an OC, the 2133 sticks are definately considered an OC on theis mobo, so the CPU has to be OCed

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Got some replies from ASROCK tech support,
          for those with the same board XMP 1.2 runs out of slots DIMM_A2 & DIMM_B2,
          Not DIMM_A1 & DIMM_B1 which is how you'd normally config your RAM.

Got booting at 798.3Mhz, just below 800Mhz MAX. No OC required.. (Yet

So I'm happy..

Hope this helps someone.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X