Did I waste my money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I waste my money?

I just ordered parts to upgrade my pc, but I'm having second thoughts about the RAM-

It's a 16GB kit with 11-11-11-30 timings-> GSkill Ripjaws

I wonder if the 16GB kit above is worth the extra cost over the kits below...

I'd rather install a 16GB kit guaranteed to run @ stock than chance having #2 8GB kits run slower than stock-

Are the differences in timings of these #3 kits enough to make a very noticeable difference?

I definitely have the need for speed-

Thanks-

-GSkill Ripjaws 8GB 9-11-10-28

-GSKill Sniper 8GB 9-10-9-28
    Last edited by aL1; 10-22-2011, 10:22 AM.

If going for 16 GB, it's best to get a single set that is guaranteed to have all 4 sticks work together opposed to getting two 8GB sets (even of the same model) that might not want to play together.....one thing to think about, many folks running AMD see that a mobo will support 16GB so they run out and buy it, without giving thought to "Will my CPU support/Run 16GB?
    Last edited by Tradesman; 10-22-2011, 02:18 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I think the 16GB kit is overkill for my purpose...

I'm returning them and getting the 8GB 2133 kit with the better timings instead-

BTW, they're going on an ASRock P67...

Thanks-

Comment

That's sweet, you running what ...a 2500K (or 2600K as you'll need a good OC to run at 2133) I've run those sticks on my ASRock Fatal1TY P67

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

A 2500k-

Everything will be here this week-

Comment

Best all round CPU out there! Congrats on the choice.......just played with the new AMD BullDozer FX-8150 that wa all hyped up...for the money (about $25 more than the 2500K) it's a dog, doesn't perform as well, doen't OC near as well, and memory management is same as has been for a long time with AMD (VERY WEAK)....it's about a dead heat race with my older Q9650

Let us know how everything goes and ENJOY!

Tman

Comment

gskill

I've been reading what a disappointment BD is-

I think the 2133 with the better timings and the 2500k will work-out well-

Thanks!

Comment

Tradesman:

Do you think the 16GB kit (2133) with the 11-11-11-30 timings will perform the same as the

8GB kit (2133) with the 9-11-10-28 timings?

I mean, will I notice any difference?

Comment

The 8GB set with the lower CL or 9 will outperform the CL11 set, how noticible will depend on what you do...or...if you run BenchMarks to check performance

Tman

Comment

That's what I thought-

Thanks-

Comment

No problemo, Enjoy what remains of the weekend!

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X