No announcement yet.

Help Picking New Ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With DRAM it's sort of a common denominator that lower is better, the CAS Latency is the biggest factor, above you mention the the 'last' timing, where in the basic timings is the tRAS (with the above examples would be 24 or 27) so again the CAS 8 set (GSkills) would offer better performance at the same freq/speed than the CAS or CL 9 set.......the CR (Command Rate) is the 1T 2T set ( a fairly good description can be found at TomsHardware:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/17...rate-explained

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

To reiterate what you said, the first numbers, the 8-8-8, will make a bigger impact on performance than the T1/2N settings?

Comment

I got the ram stable without touching the voltage at timings 8-8-8-24-1. It past 12 hours of P95 and 4 passes with memtest.

Comment

Looking good, keep us informed

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

G.Skill modules will be capable of T1. We state T2 to surprise you.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

What should I shoot for, tighter timings or higher mhz? While I know that in game fps isn't effected that much by RAM, I want to overclock everything I can to get the most in game as possible.

Comment

It's really a matter of testing, take a good set of sticks and on some setups you might get the best performance with really tight timings at a low freq, on another setup, best performance may come from stock or OCed freq and at times with looser timings, most every separate set of sticks you buy will have it's own 'sweet spot' where performance shines, it's a matter of the time needed to find it

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X