Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-Skill 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600mhz

Hi all,

I'm having a problem setting up my G-Skill memory.

My system is as follows:-

Memory = G-Skill 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600mhz Ripjaws Memory Kit CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5v, two pairs of these fitted, same specs to both sets.
    Processor = Intel Core i7 950 3.06GHz Socket 1366 8MB Cache
    Motherboard = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Intel X58 (Socket 1366)
    Graphics = Sapphire HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
    O/S Windows 7 professional

Can anyone tell me the correct BIOS memory settings, I can't seem to get my system stable, my software keeps freezing, especially when video editing.

Thanks

Pete
    Last edited by PeteA; 10-19-2011, 07:28 AM. Reason: added info

Which model do you have? There are a few sets of Ripjaws (and RipjawsX) at 1600/CL9. If above correct on spec then it's 9-9-9-24, DRAM voltage 1.5, CR 2T which can be checked by using the free program CPU-Z under the Memory tab

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the reply, CPU-Z reports:-

Type DDR3
      Channels# triple
      Size 8192Mbytes
      NB frequency 3197.7Mhz
      DRAM freq 799.4Mhz
      FSB DRAM 2.12
      CL 9.0 clocks
      tRP 9 clcks
      tRDC 9 clocks
      tRAS 24 clocks
      tRFC 88 clocks
      CR 2T

Can't see any reference to DRAM voltage

Forgot to mention, I have these set to triple channel, would that make a difference?

Thanks

Comment

Which slots do you have them installed in?

They should be in the white slots and one in the blue slot closest to the CPU.

In BIOS, try raising tRFC (Row Refresh Cycle Time) to 128 and see if that works better.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have them in the correct slots, I'll give the BIOS setting a try and see how it performs today.

Thanks

Comment

Let us know

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok, I set the tRFC to 128 and, it has made the problem less frequent but, much better than it was.

Could I raise the tRFC setting a little higher or, would that not be a good idea.

Thanks for the advice so far.

Pete

Comment

for tRFC 128 is good, might raise DRAM just a bit .05 or so....or the QPI/VTT

Tman

Comment

Ok, I only have the option to increase DRAM in .100 increments so, increased it by that amount, been running all day with no problems. I hope that isn't going to cause it's own problems.

Thanks for the help.

Pete

Comment

No problem, keep in touch

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X