Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Hello, had a post in the stickied thread but decided to post here.

Having trouble getting my RAM (F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL) stable. My specs are as follows:

AMD 965 BE, c3
    ASUS M5A97, bios version 0705

I get random blue screens. I went with option 2, updated my BIOS per Tradesman's recommendation, and have tried the 9-9-9-24 timings with DRAM Freq= 1600, CPU-NB Freq=2400, DRAM voltage at 1.50 and CPU-NB Voltage at 1.20.

I will be raising the CPU-NB voltage if I continue having problems... at what increments should I do this?

Also, when looking at CPU Status in ASUS Overdrive utility, it's saying my CPU is pegged at 3.4 MHz at all times, and my CPU temp is hovering around 50C after making these changes. Any ideas?

Thanks guys.

Must have missed the other post (or not there yet), but would suggest starting at 1.25 CPU/NB then if needed, raise at .02 at a time

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tradesman.

Is CPU overheating a common side effect of making manual changes to RAM timing? It still says each of my cores is running at 3400 MHz and 47 degrees C at idle.

Comment

The memory controller is on the CPU, so increasing the performance of the memory above standard will also raise stress and temps on the memory controller/CPU.

DDR3-1600-1866 is generally fine, once you hit DDR3-2000+, that's when you need an aftermarket CPU cooler to keep things cool.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Update...

After some playing around with different settings saved in BIOS, DRAM freq was set at DDR3-1333, host frequency to 240, DRAM Volts to 1.5, and CPU-NB to 1.25. Still had crashes, but then noticed on your products page the CAS latency stated a command rate of 2N. This command rate setting isn't on the packaging that came with my RAM, nor did I see it on the stickied fixes in the DDR3 forum. After I manually changed my command rate to 2N I haven't had a crash in over two weeks, when they were nearly a daily occurrence.

Would this have been my problem, or should I be able to run this RAM at 1N command rate?

Thanks

Comment

Could well be, most AMD mobos tend to default to 1T (1N) and with the higher end DRAM the MC (Memory Controller) quite often just can't handle 1N

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X