Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-10666CL9Q-16GBRL (4Gx4) Overclocking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try 1.3 and then work from there

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Using the pictures I provided, can you specifically say what to change? I'm still trying to learn OC-jargon.

OverclockingCenter isn't showing current voltages, only auto...and I think it is buggy in that it reports my RAM at 2.27V. >_>

Many thanks for your helps on this, I actually was lucky getting it to 4 Ghz on my own raising the FSB and lowering the RAM multiplier.
      Of course during those days, problems..rose 'CPU VDD Voltage', more and more stable.
      Last edited by Yuji Saeki; 10-24-2011, 08:02 AM.

Comment

First, Happy New Years all. :]

Second, I found out what was screwing me over.

I downed my FSB to 200 and set everything to defaults. Disabled Spread Spectrum, TurboCore, and CoolNQuiet. I could Prime95 24 hours.

Third, at the moment, I'm working on my processor and after I get that 5 Ghz (6 cores) stable (can handle 4 stable fine) I'll work on memory. I'll post back soon sometime with results.

Comment

Sounds like it's starting well, let us know how the OC goes and if we can help

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Okay I decided to uh, do things 'proper?' I set everything to entire defaults. So nothing is overclocked at all. Disabled TurboCore and Cool'N'Quiet, CPU Spread Spectrum etc.

SPD Information from BIOS on Auto: https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...BwBlYbKdsIkdN0

Any non-VDD voltages are actually 'offsets' to their VDD counter-part(?). Excluding DRAM.

Current entire settings:

Cool'N'Quiet: Disabled
            CPU FSB: 200
            CPU Ratio: 16.5 -> 3,330
            CPU-NB Ratio: 10 -> 2,000
            Turbo Core: Disabled
            Core Unlock: Disabled
            RAM Timings: 1,333 9-9-9-24 2T
            DRAM Ratio: 1:3.33 (Available: 1:2, 1:2.66, 1:3.33, 1:4)
            HT Ratio: 10 -> 2,000
            HT Width: 16

CPU VDD: Auto (Nothing 'Grey' to Symbolize Default NOT RANGES)
            CPU NB VDD: Auto (Nothing 'Grey' to Symbolize Default NOR RANGES)
            CPU Cores: ??? (1.341 1.343? AUTO? 1.347) (Nothing 'Grey' to Symbolize Default)
            CPU NB: ??? (1.171 1.174? AUTO? 1.178) (Nothing 'Grey' to Symbolize Default)
            DRAM: 1.50V
            Mobo NB: 1.09V
            HT Link: 1.20V

Something odd: BIOS SPD shows default clocks of 8-8-8-24 2T? RAM is supposed to be 9-9-9-24 2T...Stock. ???
            Last edited by Yuji Saeki; 01-02-2012, 07:11 AM.

Comment

The default 8-8-8-24 is prob the the default for boot settings and may be for mobos that have have their own default boot at 1066, others default to 1333, and now some are starting to show to 1600, to see the sticks settings can look at CPU-Z in the SPD tab, it will have a box titled MAX-BANDWIDTH and will show what the default boot speed is for the sticks, and below the SPD preset freqs and timings. going to the next tab MEMORY will show what the current settings and freq is in the system

Tman

Comment

BIOS runs them at 1333 8-8-8-24 2T 1.5 when in BIOS. Booting, 667 Mhz (666).

Reports ?4 JEDEC?

Mhz: 457, 553, 609, 685
                CAS Latency: 6, 7, 8, 9
                RAS to CAS: 6, 7, 8, 9
                RAS Precharge: 6, 7, 8, 9
                tRAS: 17, 20, 22, 25
                tRC: 23, 27, 31, 34

Comment

That's the BIOS defaults, need to set the sticks manually with AMD

Tman

Comment

Curious, would the RAM work at those timings since the BIOS set them that way?

Comment

They might, with tighter timings you can often stabilize them by raising the DRAM and/or MC voltage if any stability problem. I have some Snipers that that are native 1600 9-9-9-24 that have run fine at 8-8-8-24 on a few different mobos

Tman

Comment

Using 1600 1.65V 10-10-10-30 2T it boots. Prime95s locks up if blending is selected. Maybe NB volt boost?

Comment

Sounds right, might start by adding + .05

Tman

Comment

Funny thing...After the BSOD, I restarted the PC. BSOD every boot. -_- *sigh*

By the way...my NB is set with a multiplier to 2000...(I set everything to defaults manually to start fresh)...but when I boot Windows, NB is at 2400, ram at 666. ??? This motherboard is so skitzy...

Am I supposed to be bumping the CPU NB or the NB itself? I was thinking CPU NB since it has its own IC...

I think there is a bug in my BIOS. Side-view states gray numbers are defaults but some entries do not have 'defaults' as they are white but 'hidden' numbers. If you go down one then up again Auto. Go up then down and it shows a number (What the 'gray' also do with Auto).

Cool'N'Quiet: Disabled
                            CPU FSB: 200
                            CPU Ratio: 17 -> 3,400
                            CPU-NB Ratio: 12 -> 2,400
                            Turbo Core: Disabled
                            Core Unlock: Disabled
                            RAM Timings: 1,600 10-10-10-30 2T
                            DRAM Ratio: 1:4 (Available: 1:2, 1:2.66, 1:3.33, 1:4)
                            HT Ratio: 10 -> 2,000 (Tried with 12 -> 2,400 too)
                            HT Width: 16

CPU VDD: Auto
                            CPU NB VDD: Auto
                            CPU Voltage: Auto
                            CPU NB: Auto [1.174 Default]
                            DRAM: 1.65V
                            NB Voltage: Auto [1.09 Default] Tried (BSOD) 1.14, 1.15, 1.17, 1.18, 1.19, 1.20
                            HT Link: Auto

Current Screenshots: https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...PFC_pFJaYZnFaQ
                            Last edited by Yuji Saeki; 03-21-2012, 06:33 PM.

Comment

The CPU/NB voltage - try at 1.24

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                                The CPU/NB voltage - try at 1.24
                                Should I leave HT Link at 2,000 and not touch it right now? CPU-NB Voltage of 1.244 will not even BSOD. Trying from there down.

1.255, 1.233, 1.221, 1.121 no BSOD but it tries booting like 1.244. All reset the CPU. :/
                                Last edited by Yuji Saeki; 03-21-2012, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X