HT Sync Flood | F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL (2Gx2) + BIOSTAR A880G+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HT Sync Flood | F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL (2Gx2) + BIOSTAR A880G+

Upgrading my HTPC, threw some new hardware at it and it threw some Hyper Transfer Sync Floods back at me. This is the first (of several) AMD builds I've performed that I have had this happen so I'm hoping to get some feedback on this MOBO/RAM combo.

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 255
    MOBO: BIOSTAR A880G+ v6
    RAM: F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL (2Gx2)
    GPU: ATI Radeon x600 Pro
    AUDIO: Rocketfish 7.1 PCI
    CASE: Antec Aria (now labeled the NSK1380)

Setting the BIOS to default, the setting I am seeing for the RAM are something along the lines of (I'm recalling from memory, I'll verify tonight and post) CAS7-7-7-18 1T 1.8v

I tried setting this to CAS9-9-9-24 1T and still get the HT sync Flood. I've tried it with both sticks individually and with both sticks in at the same time with the same results. I will also be trying the methods you have posted here to see if I can get this working.

ANything I'm missing on this?

Might have to raise CPU/NB voltage....and may need a little extra on the HT, with your CPU may be better off at 1333 with 8-8-8-24 timungs, and CR at 2N
    Last edited by RamJam; 10-14-2011, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Removed GPU and Audio card. System is stable. Using Auto on both DRAM timing options in the BIOS config. Ram tests fine in memtest86+. Adding cards back in to see which one is causing the issue, but my money is on the outdated Radeon card. Any ideas on what I can do to use it in the system?

Thanks,

Comment

Added Audio card. Running full 1080p video with no hesitation. Will try adding video card later this weekend and report back.

Comment

Do you have the latest drivers for it? Also do you have the latest BIOS for the mobo?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Latest drivers for the video card were installed, and the BIOS has been flashed to the latest version. HOWEVER, the ATI Radeon X600 Pro is on the Legacy drivers list and probably haven't actually been upgraded since windows 7 came out.

12 hours and 3 HD movies later, still stable and up and running. Have not reinstalled the video card yet; wanted to let the family enjoy the new HTPC setup before I tinker with it again. That and our fabulous Netgear WG111 only takes forever to reconnect to a wireless network after restarting.

I'm just glad to know it wasn't the RAM. Thanks for the help and most likely my future RAM purchases will be through GSkill!

Comment

Keep us informed, we'll help further if we can

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X