No announcement yet.

F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL and EVGA z68 FTW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be, have you tried faster with an OC on the CPU yet, even mild, maybe 4.0 with the sticks at 1866.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yeah, I've gotten a nice stable overclock of 4.8 gHz with the CPU when I had run that stress-test for 20 passes. Haven't been able to use the XMP profile or manually get it to work yet either while the CPU is overclocked.

I think my new goal will be to tighten up the timings instead. Maybe that's the best I can hope for.

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I'll take some pics of my BIOS memory settings and maybe you can tell me how to set them. I'm thinking perhaps the SPD just isn't being set right by my BIOS perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
            Are you trying at stock or with an OC, also what's the VCCIO at?

JotaSX

Have you enabled XMP and selected the 1600 profile?
            Yes, but i solve it only input manual config 9-9-9-24-2T but is working 100% now thanks anyway

Comment

I've had no luck getting this stable with anything other than 1600. Is there a chance the RAM is bad or my CPU's memcontroller?

Comment

Am sort of running through the posts at the moment, and can read all the way through, so will hit on basics and then try and read through all in the AM....do you have the latest BIOS? Have you tried running Memtest on each stick to make sure they are good sticks? Will read through from the start later tonight or in the AM

Tman

Comment

The sticks seem fine at least at 1600mHz.

I mean I ran a max-memory run of Linpack with Intel BurnTest for 3 hours NP, as well as Y-Cruncher, which should not pass at all if the memory has errors, y-cruncher is particularly quick to error out when running it in stress-test mode.

I can run some memtest to be sure if you like tomorrow. But would only be at the 1600mhz speed as I cant get post with any XMP profiles or speeds set manually.

Comment

I'd guess it's something in the settings or a BIOS bug, GSkill should be in Monday and maybe have some updated info on the mobo

Tman

Comment

Yeah, I'll also post up a message on the EVGA forums and see if any of their techs have some insight.

Thanks for the attention to this. Hopefully we can figure out how to get this up to speed.

Comment

Hope so, let us know what you hear

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X