F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL and EVGA z68 FTW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL and EVGA z68 FTW

Haven't been able to get the system to boot using the XMP profiles. It just locks up needing CMOS reset.

I'm wondering if someone could give me some guidance on manually setting the RAM up to get near the 2133 speeds. I know the basic timings of 11-11-11-30 but when I set those manually the system still wouldn't boot, but there were a ton of other memory timings in that BIOS page that I didn't know and left on auto. This is with the EVGA Z68 FTW with a05 BIOS and an i72600k

1867 would be fine too, I guess, but it's so far only able to boot when I set the defaults in the BIOS which puts it at 1600mHz with the default SPD.
    Last edited by phreeflo; 10-12-2011, 05:29 PM.

Have you tried XMP, should be able to enable XMP, select the profile for either 2133 or 1866 and it should set the proper parameters for you.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yeah, I get the option in the BIOS for XMP profile 1 and XMP Profile 2. Both of those will not allow the system to boot when I select them.

Would I need to adjust any voltages as well as selecting the XMP profile?

Comment

Well, testing is paused because I've started installing the PC into the case since I know the motherboard and CPU aren't DOA, but will be a day or two till I can fire it up as I'm leak testing the water-cooling loops for a while before powering the rest up again.

Wasn't able to get post with any other settings besides default 1600mHz SPD. Didn't try much though besides the XMP profiles, no voltages or manually set timings,

Comment

When you get ready, do you have the latest BIOS?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yeah I flashed to the latest BIOS when I was testing the board on the bench. version A05.

Comment

I have the same problem but with the F3-12800CL9Q-8GBRL. It read the 1600mhz but the cas is on 11-11-11 too with the same board, please advice.

Comment

Originally posted by JotaSX View Post
                I have the same problem but with the F3-12800CL9Q-8GBRL. It read the 1600mhz but the cas is on 11-11-11 too with the same board, please advice.
                It's usually less confusing for those helping, and easier for those seeking help, to make a new thread with an issue that's not identical.

As for my progress, I'm almost done the leak-test, will let it go another 5-6 hours to hit a full day then I'll power up the system and see where I can get with the memory issues.

Here's a little peek at the water-heater in progress

http://s3.postimage.org/537qfac/1013112148_00.jpg

Comment

Are you trying at stock or with an OC, also what's the VCCIO at?

JotaSX

Have you enabled XMP and selected the 1600 profile?

Tman

Comment

Yeah so far just stock. Didn't change any voltages, so VCCIO would be auto. I think it/ 1.05v?

I'm confident nothing is leaking so I'm going to have a go at it tomorrow. Wish me luck

Comment

Will look forward to hearing more, Good Luck!

Tman

Comment

Okay. I've gotten it all powered up and windows installed. Still have to do all the windows updates and such, but here's a quick snapshot of what the default SPD is setting.

This is the only way I was able to get the system stable. Attempting to activate XMP just results in looping boot failure. Though I haven't tried to change aby of the voltages or manually set the timings yet.

Seems like cas11 is kinda loose for 1600mhz, so even If I don't succeed in setting the XMP, I should at least attempt to get it tightened up a bit.

Anyhow, changed my mind about spending saturday night tweaking the PC. Going to go and play some poker tonight instead

Tomorrow is the day for getting this RAM speed up!

Comment

Okay, I've been unsuccessful at getting this to boot with anything other than the default SPD.

I tried increasing the vccio to 1.09 and the vDimm to 1.55 to see if it helped setting XMP profile, but it turning on XMP results in the post code on my LCD readout to hang on 22 which from what I can gather is related to reading SPD on memory.

Comment

Have you tested each stick individually with Memtest, if they test OK may be a problem w/mobo. Do you have other sticks (or can you borrow some) you can test with mobo?

Tman

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately I don't have access to another set of this memory. The only other kit here is a triple-channel 1333mHz set of Mushkin.

I just ran a 20 pass, Maximum memory-use run of Intel Burn test (Linpack), and the system passed, so things are solid at least with the 1600mHz SPD. I'll try one stick at a time and see if I can get better luck that way. Maybe one stick is just a dud.

Comment

Working...
                              X