Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble Adding 2 More Sticks of F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Hello,

I am going to try and explain this as best as I can.

I have had two sticks of the F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL for almost two years. I recently decided to go ahead and get two more sticks because they were on sale on NewEgg. Same exact sticks. I got them in today, installed them, and my computer turns on but nothing displays on the monitor. I tried the 2 brand new sticks by themselves, and got the same result. Tried each of the sticks by them

I noticed something about XMP, but from what I have heard, this only matters for Intel motherboards. I have an Asus M4A785TD-V EVO. I have read through the manual and it should support 8gb of RAM, and said that I could even have up to a 4gb in each slot.

I am guessing the sticks of RAM are bad, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something, such as a setting in BIOS I need to change or anything.

Any suggestions? Or are the sticks bad? Thanks for any help.

If it is necessary to know, I have an AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard. There were a lot of memory compatibility updates that can solve this issue.

Also, you should look at the AMD CPU + G.Skill 1600 guide to properly configure memory settings in BIOS.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X