14900CL9-4GBXL | Crosshair Formula V | Phenom II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14900CL9-4GBXL | Crosshair Formula V | Phenom II

Hello all I have not overclocked anything for years so I am a bit out of touch with this sort of thing but I have been having some performance trouble with my ram. What I am aiming for is a stable clock that will provide me with the best performance.

I am having a lot of ram related lag and I was hoping I could get some help to remedy the situation. I have 2x4gb ripsaws 1866 currently running at 1600mhz. I am not sure what to set the manual settings at beyond 9-10-9-28

All of my cooling is stock at the moment and I don't want anything that is going to run hot, just something stable that will utilize my ram better.

Here are the options listed in my bios:
    CAS Latency:
    RAS to CAS Delay:
    RAS PRE Time:
    RAS ACT Time:
    Read to PRE Time:
    RAS to RAS Delay:
    Write to Read Delay:
    CAS Write Latency:
    Write Recovery Time:
    REF Cycle Time:
    Row Cycle Time:
    Read to Write Delay:
    Write to Read Delay(DD):
    Write to Write Timing:
    Read to Read Timing:
    Refresh Rate:
    Command Rate:

Thank you for those who took the time to read this and even more-so those that took the time to reply.
    I will post my results in order to help with others that end up with this combo in the future.

What model CPU and mobo? There's a sticky for setting up 1600 sticks here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

though for your 1866 sticks...at 1600 will prob want the timings at 8-8-8-24 2N, and that will depend on if your CPU can run at 1600

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Mobo: Crosshair V Formula http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131735
      AMD Phenom II x4 955 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103808

So do you mean I only need to change the timings to 8-8-8-24 and 2N and leave everything else on auto? Also would you mind specifying? I am unfamiliar with the abbreviation 2N.

CAS Latency:8
      RAS to CAS Delay:8
      RAS PRE Time:8
      RAS ACT Time:24
      Read to PRE Time:auto
      RAS to RAS Delay:auto
      Write to Read Delay:auto
      CAS Write Latency:auto
      Write Recovery Time:auto
      REF Cycle Time:auto
      Row Cycle Time:auto
      Read to Write Delay:auto
      Write to Read Delay(DD):auto
      Write to Write Timing:auto
      Read to Read Timing:auto
      Refresh Rate:auto
      Command Rate:2N?

Is this correct?
      Last edited by ajilejay; 10-09-2011, 05:23 PM.

Comment

From here, it'll depend on if you can get the 955 to run 1600 in a stable state, normally would want a min of a 965 rev C for 1600

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

So if it locks up then take it down to 1333 with the same timing??

*Edit*: Crashed @1666 so I set it @1333 at 8-8-8-24 1N is that correct?
          Last edited by ajilejay; 10-09-2011, 05:57 PM.

Comment

See how it goes at 1333/CL8 if stable then you're good...however since you bought the 1866 sticks will prob want the best performance you can get, so could try 1333 at 7-7-7-21 for a boost

Tman

Comment

OK testing it @7/21

Comment

May check back later tonight if I find wireless somewhere twixt here and Phoenix, otherwise will be back in the AM

Tman

Comment

Seems to be stable

Comment

Glad to hear it, Enjoy!

Tman

Comment

Yeah thanks for the help, just curious will I be able to run @ 1866 when AMD's bulldozer is released?

Comment

Yes, no problem at all.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                        X