Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help for testing memories to see if they are working on right speed and cas

Hi,
    I am new here i just wanna check if my memories working on correct freq speed and cas latency... Can you tell me how to fix and bios settings If they are not working right speed and latency? and Can you all help me how to check it? thanks

Here is the info:
    Model of the motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3
    Model of the memory: F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL
    Model of the CPU: i5-2500k

Easiest way is to download CPU-Z off the net and run it. Check the Memory tab of the program and it will show speed/freq (i.e. should show about 800 as it's Double-Data Rate) and the base timings and CR (i.e. for your sticks, it will be 9-9-9-24 2T (last may show as 2N). If it doesn't show correctly best way is to go into BIOS, enable XMP and select the 1600 profile

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

i did download cpu-z and this is what it looks like under the memory tab..

General:
      type: DDR3
      size: 16384 MBytes
      channels: DUAL

TIMINGS:
      DRAM Frequency:
      FSB/DRAM: 1/6
      CAS# Latency (CL): 11.0 clocks
      RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD): 11 clocks
      RAS# Precharge (tRP): 11 clocks
      Cycle Time (tRAS): 28 clocks
      Command Rate: 2T

OTHERS ARE EMPTY

so memories are working on correct speed with wrong latencies? is there a way to fix them?

Comment

***Forgot to write the speed of memory freq

***DRAM Frequency: 802.4 MHz

Comment

Right speed, wrong timings, go into BIOS, enable XMP and select 1600 profile.........or........just manually set timings to 9-9-9-24 2T

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

ok.. i will try to see if it works... thank you...

Comment

Ok, let me know what happens, have to check out for the evening, unless I find a wireless spot and take a drive....will check back in the AM otherwise

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X