• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random reboots/system freezes

Motherboard: Asus P8 Z68-V Pro
    CPU: Intel i7 2600k
    RAM: F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL (4x4GB)

The system is not currently overclocked and will randomly reboot or freeze. Sometimes the system will be stable for several days (3+) and other times it will blue screen or reboot 3-5 times a day. I ran a memory test and it returned these errors. I ran it again just to confirm and the mem tester froze and would not respond.

Is this possibly a system misconfiguration or is there a faulty DIMM (or two)?

Thanks!

While it's possible you have a bad stick (which would entail running Memtest on each stick by itself to find), think I'd first make sure you have the latest BIOS (can be found here:

http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Int..._PRO/#download

Also check and see what your voltage settings are, I've seen where some ASUS (and other) mobos don't provide the voltage indicated - in which case might raise the DRAM voltage to 1.55 and/or raise the VCCIO Voltage (which runs the MC (Memory Controller)) about .04 or so to start.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Just an update - my BIOS was only 4 months out of date but I updated it anyway and upped the DRAM voltage by .05. Memory tester ran through twice without any problems.

I'll let it run overnight just to get some final stability information.

Thanks again!

Comment

Sounding good, keep us updated

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Update- Mem tester ran all night and day and no problems found.

Woohoo!

Comment

Glad to hear it, Enjoy!

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X