F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR with GA-P55-UD3R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR with GA-P55-UD3R

Two years ago, I posted here about BIOS settings for my RAM/motherboard setup.

This is the thread:
    http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=2230

Now, I just purchased new RAM (F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR) and Im having a bit of trouble tweaking the new settings. I still have the same GA-P55-UD3R motherboard and i5 750 processor.

I thought I'd try enabling XMP which I thought would basically be plug and play, but this made the new RAM run at 1333 instead of 1600. So I disabled XMP and entered the same settings you guys recommended for my F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH RAM, with the only differences being different timings (9/9/9/24 versus the old 7/7/7/24) and lower DRAM voltage (1.5 versus the old 1.640). Things seem to be running smoothly so far.

(What I didn't realize until today was that these settings gave my processor a 7% overclock, but obviously it's been no problem.)

I'm wondering if there are other settings besides the voltage and timings that will need to be re-tweaked?

Thanks.

No should be Okay.....if you want them under XMP (no real need to), there's prob a BIOS update for your mobo that should take care of it, otherwise you enable XMP then select the profile for 1600 (the 1333 you saw would have been the default)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sounds like you know what you are doing. The only input I would give is to increase DRAM Voltage and achieve better performane results.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

How high should I boost the voltage? Back up to 1.640? What would be the danger of keeping it at 1.5?

Comment

If your at 1.5 and it's stable keep it there, GSkill was talking about increasing the performance a little, it's not something you'd 'see' other than in benchmark scores

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X