No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM at 1333 7-7-7-22 1T?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM at 1333 7-7-7-22 1T?

Hello,

I just bought a 8 GB kit of the F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM and I am not currently interested in overclocking anything. I know with my AMD Phenom X4 965BE that I need to overclock to hit 1600mhz, but my question is whether or not I need overclock any of the values to get 1333mhz 7-7-7-22 1T?

My mobo is a Asus M4A87T. My goal is to set the timing manually and leave the all the voltages alone if possible.

Thanks!

*Edit*
    The listed specs on my ram are 8-8-8-24 2T (or N not sure)..
    Last edited by jxp8181; 10-07-2011, 12:08 PM. Reason: Forgot the original ram specs

No, just set the DRAM frequency, timings, and voltage in BIOS.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ok those settings are working great. Thanks for the assistance!

Comment

No problem, Enjoy!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Slightly lowered timings

Hey I'm attempting timings of 7-8-7-24 on my F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM set of RIPJAWS

Current frequency set at 1450, so lower than stock 1600 but not that much lower.

In order to stabilize my ram running at stock 8-8-8-24 1t, I had to bump the voltage to 1.65.

When I change it to 7-8-7-24 and run it through memtest, it crashes after two successful passes (like an hr and a half in). Most people say 1pass is fine, is this ok? Can I raise the voltage higher?

Thanks

Comment

I'd try raising the CPU/NB voltage a bit rather than the DRAM, 1.65 is pushing it a bit as is

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
              I'd try raising the CPU/NB voltage a bit rather than the DRAM, 1.65 is pushing it a bit as is
              Yeah, it seems a little weird that I even need to run 1.63-1. 65v to get under clocked 1450 8-8-8-24 running anyway.

Keep in mind my mobo defaults at 1.6v anyway.. At least when I pull it off auto that's the first value that pops up.

Cpu nb at 1.3

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Tman

Comment

Yeah my motherboard has been updated to the latest bios version, I'm going to try reducing the dram voltage and kick up the cpunb voltage (the nb is overclocked quite a bit) and see if I can get them to run stable.

The ram should be good running at 1.65v?

Also, how many passes of memtest would you recommend for it to be considered stable? I keep hearing between 2-3 times should be sufficient (around 3 hrs of testing).

Comment

Even running the entire thing can't guarantee the DRAM is 100% good, but I'll normally run up to 5 passes, though generally I just run the system maybe have someone play a few games, run Prime on it for a bit, if it stays stable through that, generally consider it good to go

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X