No announcement yet.

Big Bang Marshal-compatibility issues with msi p67 remains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At last, someone else (a user from msi forum) who has the same problem as me:

"I have the same EXACT problem with my BB Marshal board! I actually posted a topic here months ago, and some of the people from the forums told me that it was because the RAM chips are usually 'rated' at 1333MHz, and sold to us "overclocked." I checked it out with CPU-Z, and sure enough my RAM was 'rated' at 1333. Interesting enough though, I recently moved that same exact RAM to my new build with a GD-80 board, and had no issues running the RAM at its "overclocked" speed of 1866, or even overclocked to 2133 with a voltage bump. Obviously, it seems to be a BB Marshal problem then, but having put in two other tickets to MSI support with no help, ive given up on them and settled to running my RAM at 1600 (not that big of a deal, but still...). "
    Xigmatek Elysium - ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z - I7 2700K - G.SKILL 16gb - Sapphire 5970 @ 900/1300 - Corsair AX 1200w

CPU EK-Supreme HF nickel plated - GPU EK-FC5970 - Acetal + Nickel with EK-FC5970 RAM Backplate - Nickel Plated - Pumps 2 x Laing DDC-1Plus with EK-DDC Dual TOP V.2 - Radiators ThermoChill PA120.3 + XSPC RX240

Comment

That's MSI Forums, they look at CPU-Z and think that it's actually looking at the chip itself as to what it shows in MAX-BANDWIDTH, when in fact that is the default boot freq. As Jammer mentioned above, the folks with their hobby at MSI Forums often have no clue what they are saying, they read 'the sky is falling' and they take it as gospel. I still think it's a mobo problem as others have also experienced this with the Big Bang

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ive found the P8P67 WS in very good price but is my memory compatible with that?
        Xigmatek Elysium - ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z - I7 2700K - G.SKILL 16gb - Sapphire 5970 @ 900/1300 - Corsair AX 1200w

CPU EK-Supreme HF nickel plated - GPU EK-FC5970 - Acetal + Nickel with EK-FC5970 RAM Backplate - Nickel Plated - Pumps 2 x Laing DDC-1Plus with EK-DDC Dual TOP V.2 - Radiators ThermoChill PA120.3 + XSPC RX240

Comment

Yes the ASUS mobo can handle the Ripjaws X quite nicely

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X