Anyone using the eco series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using the eco series?

I've got two sets of the G.Skill PC-1600 eco series and can't seem to get them to run at the proper speed at 1.35 volts. I can get the correct timings, but it won't go past PC-1333 unless I bump the voltage up to 1.45. I'm not angry or worried about it because I still pretty much got what I payed for, but my curious side is going nuts over what the cause is. I had thought that only people with AMD mobos were having trouble with this ram, but some of the Newegg reviews I've seen proved me wrong with that one, as well as my own experience.

I'm currently running on the ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 mobo with an i7 2600k as my cpu. I called in to G.Skill tech support to see if it was something with my mobo or if the ram just wasn't up to spec, but to my surprise, the tech support agent said that it was probably because of the memory controller on my cpu. Is anyone running this ram at stock settings on a 2600k?

I like this ram and I still think it's a great deal, but I see so many people having issues with it that I wonder if it's working for anyone on stock settings at 1.35v

Do you have the latest BIOS? Have you tried running each/either set individually to see if they work OK at stock timings voltages? May simply have two sets that don't want to play well together - when that happens it can normally be straightened out by increasing voltage to the sticks (as you have done) or to the MC (Memory Controller which I believe is the VCCIO voltage on your mobo)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X