Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.skill eco 1600 MHz

Hello.

I am running a ASRock P67 Pro3 mobo (rev B3, bios 2.0) with G.skill ECO (http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=247). Everything's great, inclusing memory. However, I'd like to give it a try at 1600 MHz (overclocking), but I don't know what to change in BIOS. I've never OCed anything before. Now they are running with default values at 1333 MHz.

Any help?

Thank you!

Enable XMP select profile for 1600 and there you are

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you, but it didn't work. Maybe that's because i5 CPU only supports 1333 MHz maximum.
      I don't mind running at 1333 MHz, but I'd like to have the specified values of 7-8-7-24-2N (or even better latency). Now I have 9-9-9-24. I didn't buy this memory for this huge latency... Is it enought only to change these 4 values or should I change some voltage stuff somewhere?

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? If so can try inputting the timings manually at 7-8-7-24, 2N and that should work.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

DDR3-1333 7-7-7-21 should be no problem. Even lower if you raise voltage

For DDR3-1600, change BCLK to 160, then you will be able to set DDR3-1600. Don't forget to lower CPU Ratio if you do not want the CPU overclock.

Let us know how that goes. This kit is very, very good, so you can achieve great results.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

@Tradesman:

Thank you. So, no voltage changes are required for the 7-8-7-24 setting at 1333MHz, should I only change these values in BIOS (yes, I flashed the latest as soon as I got the mobo)?

Comment

@GSKILL TECH:

Thank you, 7-7-7-21 would be fantastic!

Could you please tell me what do I have to do to run at this latency at 1333 MHz? I do not do any overclocking for the CPU. And what do you mean by lowering CPU ratio? I can lower it by 1 percent or 50 percent?! Where exactly do I lower it? Also, what voltage should I raise? Please excuse me, but I am absolutely stupid when it comes to bios tweaking.

Yes, I know these memories are good, that's why I want to get another 4 GB.

Thank you again!

DDR3-1333 7-7-7-21 should be no problem. Even lower if you raise voltage

For DDR3-1600, change BCLK to 160, then you will be able to set DDR3-1600. Don't forget to lower CPU Ratio if you do not want the CPU overclock.

Let us know how that goes. This kit is very, very good, so you can achieve great results.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Don't think you'll any voltage changes at those timings

Tman

Comment

For DDR3-1333, set it to DDR3-1333.

You only lower CPU Ratio if you raise BCLK, because it will overclock your CPU. If you want the overclock, just make sure VCore is sufficient and it is not too hot. Otherwise, you can lower CPU Ratio 1 or 2 X and it will bring it back to near stock (default) CPU frequency so the CPU is not overclocked, and does not need more voltage.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                  X