F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL + ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE Suggested BIOS Memory Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL + ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE Suggested BIOS Memory Settings

What would be the best memory settings in the ASUS BIOS for the below system? I have screenshots of the BIOS. What BIOS pages should I post screenshots to, so I can get help with changes? I've been having problems with my PC freezing during gaming and web browsing. I get the ASUS [02] Q-Code error on the motherboards LED. Meaning: "AP initialization before microcode loading", which seems to be related to loss of power issues. Most of the time I can play games for just a few mins, and sometimes a few hours. If I change the memory to the suggested settings, maybe that will solve the problem. If it doesn't I can rule out the memory as the possible problem.

Any simple benchmarks I can run to test the memory for a noob like me, where all I have to do is press the benchmark button, and wait for the results?

Case: COOLER MASTER HAF X EATX TOWER CASE
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE === BIOS v0706 - [Newest]
    Processor: INTEL CORE I7-2600K
    Heatsink: NOCTUA NH-D14
    Memory: G.SKILL RIPJAWS 16GB 4X4GB DDR3-1600 [F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL]
    Video Cards: ASUS GeForce GTX 580 Rog Matrix === Driver 8.12.17.8026 - [Newest]
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 240GB === Fireware 2.11 - [Newest]
    HD: WESTERN DIGITAL 2TB CAVIAR GREEN
    DVD: LITEON IHBS112 12X BLU-RAY WRITER
    Power Supply: CORSAIR 1200AX PROFESSIONAL GOLD SERIES
    OS: Windows 7 64bit Professional OEM === SP1 & All Windows Updates

For your hardware, I'd first suggest you go into the BIOS and ENABLE XMP, then select the profile for 1600, save, boot up and then can go to

START/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/
    select Windows Memory Diagnostics

select on boot up
    and then Boot

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Did Windows Memory Diagnostics and it completed, and the person that built my PC already set the XMP in the BIOS I believe.

Took a screenshot:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Should be good to go them

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Actually there is a option to change to XMP, and its set to Auto. Its the "Ai Overclock Tuner" option in the BIOS, as seen in the below screenshot:

Also does the extra SPD memory info from the ASUS Ai Suite II seem correct for the G.Skill memory I have? Screensots below:

Comment

9-9-9-24 @ 1600 is it. If any doubt what the sticks are actually running could download CPU-Z and check the Memory tab - the above shows the programmed memory timings in the SPD on the sticks

Tman

Comment

K, below is a screenshot of CPU-Z memory info. Seems to be missing some information.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1973621
              Last edited by El Topo; 08-28-2011, 12:09 PM.

Comment

You'll have to set the timings manually

Tman

Comment

U mean to 9-9-9-24? I'm not sure how to do that, what settings in the BIOS should I change? If I change the timings, does anything else need to change with it?

Comment

CL = 9, tRCD = 9, tRP = 9, tRAS = 24

Tman

Comment

My BIOS is a bit different, so what do I change:

Last edited by El Topo; 08-30-2011, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Set the first four values, 11-11-11-30 to 9-9-9-24

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

U mean 11-11-11-28. Alright I'll try that out.

Also I did MEMTEST86+ yesterday morning and it froze at 49% of test #7. I did the test again before going to bed, and I took a screenshot of the results below. As u can see the it stopped 48% of test 7. I didn't see when it stopped as I was asleep.

Why isn't MEMTEST completing the test? Is it the timings? Could it be I put MEMTEST on a bad CD? From what I understand MEMTEST should always give results at the end of the test. I don't understand what is happening here.

Comment

I thought you have this kit?

F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL

Or are you attempting 2133?

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yes, I have the F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL model. I'm not sure why the timings are different. Anyway I believe I set the correct timing now.

I took a screenshot of 17 hours of MEMTEST86+ results below. I used a usb key this time, and as u can see from the screenshot I passed MEMTEST86+ 8 times. It would suggest the G.Skill memory that I have is stable. However I didn't test the one stick at a time like suggested. Hopefully I can remove memory from the cause of the problems I'm having.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                              X