• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At my wits end

Motherboard:Sabertooth P67
    RamDR3-1600 PC3-12800 4096MB x2
    Processor:i5-2500 LGA1155

I was running 8 gigs of the Gskill Sniper RAM origanally and decided to add 8 more since it was on sale,I recieved the new ram which is identical to the original and proceeded to add it in, simple stuff right?
    Since then i have been unable to get mu PC to be responsive with all 16 gigs,the origanal 8 and any just 1 stick alone. I cant get my pc to boot.I have cleared the RTC RAM as well as removing the battery,I have checked,double and triple checked cables.No matter what I have done it remains the same,I turn the power on,everything appears to power up but theres no life at all,also no beep errors of any kind.I have racked my brain for days and I'm at a complete loss.Here is hoping for some fresh ideas.

Thanks in advance,Grimm

First ensure you have the latest BIOS, also might check the packages/sticks themselves to make sure both sets are either the 1.5 or the 1.25 low voltages sets, don't want to mix the two. If it was fine with the original two sticks, try removing them and then try with the two new stick in the same two slots as the original, if OK then add the two old sticks into the other slots...or...if the two new sticks have problems in the original slots, try running memtest on each of the new sticks individually to see if either test as bad.

If they were good in the two original slots and a problem after adding the old sticks, try raising DRAM voltage to 1.55, if still problems try raising the VCCIO voltage up +.05. If that doesn't work, drop the speed to 1333 and set the timings to 8-8-8-24, CR 2T or 2N (depending on the T or N designator it uses, if they work at 1333, they should work at 1600 with additional voltage adjustments (might even have to raise the vCore up to .07 or so)...

Problem here can be that even thought the two sets are the same model, there are times when two just won't play together, which is why they make 16 GB sets (which have all 4 sticks tested to work together)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Appreciate the info,all sticks run at 1.5 v,my issue is i cant even get into the bios,the computer does not boot to the bios at all,nothing happens when i turn the computer on other then everything appearing to run.

Comment

The old sticks won't go into the BIOS now? or just the new ones? Can try 1 at a time...if you can get into the BIOS raise the DRAM voltage to 1.55 or 1.6 and then try

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hope you don't me adding a suggestion:
          @Grimm did you clear and reset the Bios completely when changing mem sticks ?
          Check your manual for methods and load defaults.
          I know it sounds 'basic' but was not previously mentioned.

Comment

rrplay2003,
            good call! going through the forums here and a couple of others, tend to assume some things (Yes, I know what ASSUME stands for and at time I qualify) LOL!

Tman

Comment

Same Problem

Hey guys,

I had the same problem as this guy. I figured that I was going to have to buy a new mobo and RMA the ram. But I tried as a last ditch effort, 1 stick by itself. and sure enough it worked. Booted right up, and I was able to manually set the dram voltage to 5.545 and now i'm using all the ram that I purchased and it is stable. I can't begin to tell you how happy I am. Thanks for all advice, even though it wasn't really for me... it was.

Daniel

Comment

Glad to hear it!

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X