R3E with [ Ripjaws-X] F3-17000CL9D-4GBXL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R3E with [ Ripjaws-X] F3-17000CL9D-4GBXL

hye guys, this is my first posting in this forum....i got few questions to ask, i open to anyone outhere that would like share some views or suggestion and also GSKILL tech to guide me on this..

i just bought 2 kit of [ Ripjaws-X] F3-17000CL9D-4GBXL(2133Mhz), the reason for getting 2x is just because i'm on x58 platrform which enables me to get tripple channel memory module( with 1 stick i keep it as an extra)..compared to 2k Corsair Dominator GT which is much more expensive, i've decided to go for Gskill.....

i've tried running on xmp profile(cpu on stock) and it shows me that it requires only 1.28cpu/vtt and 1.60325 dramV...at this point my uncore doubles the ram speed at 4266mhz which is quite insane to achieve with that 1.28cpu/vtt...however, i've tried running some stability test and it shows me that it is not stable, getting bsod after several seconds on prime95...normally, for a x58 platform to reach 4k uncore, it requires a maximum of 1.45v of cpu/vtt..i hope u guys aware of that...

my question is, can i just treat gskill rams the same way as 2k dom GT which requires higher cpu/vtt on the relation of 4k uncore clock..?..btw, i will list down my hardware,

proc : intel i7 965 extreme edition
    mobo : Ek'ed x58 Rampage iii extreme
    psu : silverstone ST-1000P
    Gpu : EVGA gtx 570 ssc

Yes, it is required to reach the high DRAM and Uncore Frequency.

Hopefully the two kits can work together.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

what will be the dram voltage for this kits if i'm running 1600c7 since 2133c9 is at 1.6v..?..

normally, the x58 platform requires up to 1.65v dram voltage..

Comment

I'd start at 1.55 and then if stable try lowering it .01 at a time (not that you have to)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X