Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper F3-12800 Timings Problem

Hi,
    Glad to be part of the community. This is my first post.

Config: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 (BIOS F3)
    Memory : 2x4 GB SNIPER F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR Kit. Rated DDR3-1600 PC-3-12800. (Sticker inside the box.)
    Proc: I5-2500k no overclocked.

As shown on the picture, The memory ran at 667 Mhz MAX Bandwidth PC3-10700.
    I tried to increase the bandwidth to 12800, 800 MHZ , but all I get is NO boot, or BSOD into Windows 7.
    I did not change the Voltage 1,5v as these memory are confirmed running at 1600 at 1,5v.
    I tried also to use the XMP profile into BIOS but the i5 run at 3.8Gig at this time and I also got BSOD or no boot.
    Does someone can give me some light , I am lost.
    Excuse my poor English, I will do my best.

That is not the correct place to look.

You need to look in the memory tab, that shows what the actual operating frequency is. The max bandwidth you are looking at shows what the max is with AUTO settings.

Test each module with XMP to see if both work OK.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for response.
      here is the other tab of CPU-Z

My goal is to know if the memory has an issue, or if the problem comes from me.
      If I use the XMP profile into BIOS, the DDR3 is rated at 1600 (2x800) into BIOS, But I got BSOD or the system is very unstable into Windows 7 64Bits.
      One other problem is the UC is running at 3,80 MHZ , not 3,30 MHZ as it should at tis time.

Thanks for your help. This is my first kit of Gskill memory.

Comment

Test one stick at a time with XMP and see if they perform the same.

Check frequency in BIOS, what you set everything in BIOS is what the computer will operate at.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X