Memory for ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory for ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional

Looking to pick up the ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional motherboard with the X6-1100T and would like to go 16gb of memory. Any recomendations on which kit to get. I do not mind fooling around with settings but at the very minimal I would like something that will post.

Im not sure if I plan on overclocking the 1100T, but would like some ram that would allow e to do it if I decided to at a later time.

Here are the 16GB kits:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D&Pagesize=100

The second or third options will be very nice for the price.

F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL

F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I also recently purchased this same MB and CPU combo and have been trying to decide what RAM to run. I've been looking at G Skill DDR3-1600 16gb (4x4gb) due to the price point. However I have a few questions.

Will the low voltage Sniper series of RAM play nice with my AMD components or should I stick with the Ripjaws series that you suggested above?

What is the difference in Ripjaws series X and series Z? Is it just a different heat spreader look?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

With AMD the low voltage might work, but I think you might have trouble running at the rated voltage spec, would prob have to be higher, might look at the 1.5 snipers, which I haven't had trouble with on anything,

The Ripjaws X were designed for the P67/Z68/H67 chipsets/next gen CPUs and the newer Z series of Ripjaws toward the Socket 2011/H79 chipset, although both series are backward compatible

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Also have this same mobo and Sniper F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR, CPU AMD X6 1055T. Will these be compatible and work well?
          I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.

Comment

I have F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL running @ 1866 cl 8 10 9 27 but with a FX 8120. I've yet to get all four running @ 2133 but I can get two to run @ 2133. So I settled on all four @ 1866. I love the features of this board!! Good luck

Comment

Britton30

(getting better, got the name right this time ha-ha), might take some tweaking but should be able to run them

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks! Maybe in the future AMD's controllers will be able to handle 4 DIMMs at once. Cripes, look at the new quad channel and socket 2011 Intel has, up to 16 DIMMs.

Comment

And will handle 2400 and beyond, not long before sticks will be out going up towards 2800

Tman

Comment

Which makes me wonder if DIMMs over 8GB are on the horizon.

Comment

Yep, 16GB DIMMs are out and available (Run around $210 to 280 of the few I've seen)

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                        Yep, 16GB DIMMs are out and available (Run around $210 to 280 of the few I've seen)
                        Very interesting, and expensive. But two years ago I paid Newegg $228 for two 2x2GB kits.

Comment

Price fluctuates every day, like crude oil and gasoline.

Don't be surprised if you see DDR3 prices go up.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

OOOO if RAM prices are tied to oil, we're dead. But then I guess demand would drop like a rock too, I have several usable sets yet.
                            Like the Hard Drive price spike, people aren't buying new much at all unless it's critical.
                            Last edited by Britton30; 02-24-2012, 03:37 PM.

Comment

True, and it's always handy to have a few sets around

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X