X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL and Gigabyte GA-P55-UDP4 Problems

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55-UDP4 BIOS Version F10
    Processor: Intel Core i7-870
    Memory: F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL (2 kits for 16GB total)

Just purchased & installed 2 F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL kits. Machine booted up and worked fine for a few days, but now I'm starting to have problems. Sometimes, it doesn't boot at all - no POST, no BIOS screen, nothing. Other times it works fine, but after a reboot, it displays the following error message:
    The system has experienced boot failures because of overclocking or changes of voltages.
    Last settings in BIOS setup may not coincide with current H/W states.
    Current CPU Speed: 2.93GHz
    Current BCLK: 133MHz
    Current Memory Speed: 1600MHz
    I'm not overclocking or tweaking with settings at all. Everything is set to use the default XMP settings.

If I use either of the kits individually for 8GB, the machine seems to work fine, although I haven't tested this long enough to be 100% confident.

Using Memtest86+ v4.20, the memory is passing all the tests in all three different configurations -
    Kit 1 installed
    Kit 2 installed
    Kit 1 & 2 installed

Not sure where to go from here.

May want to try the latest BIOS first, they have worked extensively on memory compatibility since F10 back in mid 2010. Current is F14 and can be found here:

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/prod...?pid=3435#bios

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Wrong motherboard, I'm afraid. The one you linked to is the GA-P55A-UD4P.

I've got the GA-P55-UD4P (No "A"), which is here - http://www.gigabyte.us/products/prod...?pid=3160#bios.

F10 is the latest & greatest BIOS for that board.

Comment

Did you install each kit in the same colored slot? It is possible that the two kits are not perfectly compatible to work in the same computer. This is why we have 16GB kits that tested to work together in the same computer.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X