Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4A88TD-M/USB3 Compatibility

Hello All,
    I'm new to the forum and new to building my own computer. I recently got some products to build my own desktop. I bought an ASUS M4A88TD-M/USB3 motherboard and G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL8D-4GBXM type memory. This type of memory is not listed in the motherboard manual as being compatible, and on further research I haven't seen much in the way of saying I can make it compatible. Will it work for my build or do I need to order different RAM. I have not put the build together yet, so I do not know if it will boot or not. I also have a AMD Phenom x4 Black 955 GHZ processor for its CPU. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Should be fine with stock timings, voltages and CR

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Stock voltage,timings, etc. You mean I wont have to adjust anything in BIOS, just plug and play? Thanks, Derek

Comment

You will need to plug in the timings, that's all, four settings in BIOS.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

My mistake guys,
          I meant that I had bought the G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory instead of the 4gb to go with the Asus motherboard I listed above. Does this change anything at all? It is listed on NewEgg as it being for preferred use with Intel boards. Thanks, and again sorry for the misinformation.

Comment

Trying to drive us crazy R U? The 1600 should probably be okay with the 955 but will require adjustments other than the timing to run at 1600 - see the sticky here :

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

if any problems, give us a shout

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X