P6T6 rev/F3-12800CL7T2-12GBPI (2Gx6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P6T6 rev/F3-12800CL7T2-12GBPI (2Gx6

Hello folks Newbe here to the forum and over clocking. Very limited knowledge on over clocking. So a little afraid to try to much. HOWEVER I dont want to over clock. I have no need to.

I have a P6T6 revolution MB replaced via rma.
    core i7 950
    New memory 6 sticks F3-12800CL7T2-12GBPI
    CAS Latency 7-8-7-24-2N 1600mhz
    gtx 275 video
    velcorapter raid 0
    Thermalright 120 heat sink.
    windows 7 pro

I have spent a few days trying to get this memory to run stable. In XMP mode with everything set to auto my memory bus runs at 1.9v and over some time will lock up and reboot. Lowering the voltage via asus software crashed it pretty fast.

I have played with the dram frequency all the way down to 1066mhz
    disabled speedstep

Auto mode on everything
    manual overclock

So I assume I bought to fast of memory for my needs.

Playing with the dram timing is over my head. Should and can I just turn this down some to get it to play nice w/o harm?

I am close. I have had it run long enough to get windows installed etc and office.

Suggestions.

Latest bios 905
    Last edited by littlnet; 08-02-2011, 06:33 AM. Reason: bios

Does the P6T6 have the latest BIOS?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

yes, sorry for not adding the bios info

Comment

Prob want to run memtest on each stick to make sure all are good, is so, will need to raise the MC (Memory Controller) voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I founght all day trying to get memtest to install or burn I guess I sould say. I have always HATED zip files and have almost never got them to work right. Why companies use zip for such small files is beyond me.

Anyway, I dont think this board supports less then 2 sticks. six slots total.

I played around today more on the setting and reading up on overclocking. Hell I cant even get the 3 sticks to run for over a 1/2 hr tops at dram freq 1042. mhz xmp mode bclk backed off to 130. I will try backing it down more tomorrow.

I'm learning

Comment

Yes, you can use one module without a problem.

Don't use XMP, just use manual settings. Each stick should perform fine at its rated speciifcations.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X