gigabyte +XMP+ F3-17000CL11D killed cpu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gigabyte +XMP+ F3-17000CL11D killed cpu

GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 +F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL 4x4gb=16gb 2133 +xmp = killed my cpu .
    After built system it work 5-6 hour and cpu die. I think , I have fault cpu and send it back to intel for replace . I bought cheap oem i3 for use, and after xmp it work 1 day and die too.
    100% my psu ok (thermaltake 1200w) Before it I have 2 sytem with this psu ( x58,z68 asus, and this z68 gygabyte) . I replace asus for gigabyte for quick boot and 16gb 2133.

1. Is it posible Gigabyte XMP give for F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL (which 1.5v) 1.65v and it kill cpu ?
    2. is it posible it burn cpu, because I use 4x4gb 16gb 2133 F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL ?

Model Name : GA-Z68X-UD7-B3(rev. 1.0)
    BIOS Ver : f8 Last bios

VGA Brand : Spark Model : gtx580
    CPU Brand : Intel Model : 2600k Speed : 3.4ghz
    Operation System : Win 7 64-bit SP :
    Memory Brand : G.skill Type : DDRIII
    Memory Size : 16gb Speed : 2133
    Power Supply : 1200 W

Sounds more like a mobo problem, if XMP was enabled and the system set the voltage to 1.65 then sounds like an out of whack or corrupt BIOS. If a CPU died in the mobo, that could have been a defective CPU or socket...and I wouldn't put a second CPU in the same mobo, if the CPU fried, there would more than likely be damage to a pin or pins in the socket.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Sounds more like a mobo problem, if XMP was enabled and the system set the voltage to 1.65 then sounds like an out of whack or corrupt BIOS. If a CPU died in the mobo, that could have been a defective CPU or socket...and I wouldn't put a second CPU in the same mobo, if the CPU fried, there would more than likely be damage to a pin or pins in the socket.
      1. It work with out problem in 1600 mhz, after XMP it work for some time and dead.
      2. I didn't see any socket damage + I have memory slot tester ( i7 (dead ) 1-2 pin ram pin didn't connect , i3(dead) all pin work . Tested on dead cpu . I think it damage cpu ICM ( mermory controller)
      3. i7 2600k die after shutdown , when power on just infinity reboot in gigabyte ( like no cpu installed)
      4. i3 (XMP on) die in time windows 7 sp1 update install , blue screen and freezed . I restarted it manually via button after it bios boot with mesagge overclocking fault and freezy, restarted it again via button, bios didn't boot just fan spinning . restarted again..... and infinity restart loop like i7.

If bios corrupt in xmp it give voltage 1.65 to 1.50 Can it damage cpu ?

Thank you.
      Last edited by Soulless; 07-30-2011, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Don't know what to tell you, I've been building/upgrading/repairing since the early 80's and never come across a case where installing DRAM fried a CPU - it's generally a defective mobo, PSU or due to a power surge.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for advice , I will try it send back to gigabyte .

Comment

Let us know what happens

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X