• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May have one defective F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

Memory: F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL (2 x 4GB)
    Motherboard: ASUS p8z68-v pro
    CPU: Intel core i5 2500k

Just finished a new build a couple of days ago. The system had the kit in it's respective slots but would not boot/post and had a no video signal. It would just start up and then turn off for 1 second and turn back on and will remain on. Initially I troubled-shoot by taking everything off and leaving the cpu and heatsink. Then added a single stick on A2 slot and it booted perfectly and was able to install Windows 7 home premium. I took out the first stick and added the second one. The second stick did not boot/post. I even went into BIOS and set to XMP but no change on the second stick. Also pressed the mem button on the board but nothing. Also made sure they were seated properly. Any help to figure out if the second is actually defective.
    Thanks!

Hard reset the motherboard with the button on the motherboard, then try one stick at a time again. If one module does not work again, send them in for RMA and a new kit should work better.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

By "hard reset" do you mean resetting the CMOS or pressing the reset button on the motherboard? Thanks for the quick response!

Comment

Yep the mobo reset button

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X