Serious stability issues with DDR 1600CL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious stability issues with DDR 1600CL

What SETTINGS DO I NEED. I have all 4 modules in the 4 slots... I seriously need help. I have been building pcs for over 20 years.. and I think the memory is fine but just cannot get it to work. Even with no overclocking I cannot get into the BIOS to even do any changes in the BIOS... could the memory be bad then?

I have this:

I am experiencing freezing up problems when I get into the BIOS of this board. Anyone know what can be done. It is not even overclocked and everything is at safe settings since I cannot even do anything....in the BIOS

I have this:

What I have is this but I am having problems even setting up in the BIOS.. in the BIOS it just freezes up... could it be the memory.. I have 4 sticks of GSkill of 4GB each and the XMP profile is disabled in the mobo

Model Name : GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3(rev. 1.0)
    --------------------------
    M/B Rev : 1.0
    BIOS Ver : F5
    Serial No. : 111940134513
    Purchase Dealer : Newegg
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VGA Brand : MSI Model : 560ti
    CPU Brand : Intel Model : 2600k Speed : 3.5
    Operation System : Win 7 64-bit SP :
    Memory Brand : Corsair Type : DDR
    Memory Size : 16 Speed : 1600
    Power Supply : 850 W

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL

Go back a few steps

Did you try resetting your BIOS (load system defaults)?

I would suggest resetting everything to default and just use one module of RAM to start with. Make sure everything is seated properly and not overheating.

Can you be more specific on the problem you're having - what do you mean your system is hanging in BIOS? Are you getting any issues during POST?

Hope this helps.

Comment

Yes I did that and including resetting BIOS to Safe Defaults. I have this

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL

When going into the BIOS to adjust some parameters.. it just freeze sometimes but it still boots up fine in windows 7 64Bit with SP1. Why is that so... Does memory problems exhibit this sort of issues.. where sometimes it works and sometimes it does not work? I should have got the Dominator.

Comment

You can try running memtest on each stick individually to make sure you don't have a bad stick...if all the sticks test OK, then would be guessing possibly the mobo may have a problem, the PSU may be fluctuating or the CPU may not be fully seated or possibly some thermal compound may have gotten under the CPU.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X