BSOD b/c of RAM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD b/c of RAM?

Hi guys. Recently my pc has been BSOD'ing mostly when I run steam games and sometimes when I run other games as well. The error it gives me is system service exception. I ran memtest for ~2 hrs and came up with a pass and no errors, so my sticks should be fine. I tinkered around and I found out that my memory might be out of sync. I tried changing it from auto to manual then back again but they wouldn't sync for some reason. When I first built the PC I figured that I would buy 2x2gb and upgrade with 2x4gb later on and that is what I did. So now I have exactly that configuration and in the attachment you can see that slot 1 and 2 are different from 3 and 4 (didn't put up the pics for 2 and 4, but they are the same as 1 and 3 respectively). How would I change it so that everything is running smoothly together? Please help me out as I just got the R.A.T 7 mouse and Cyborg V5 keyboard and I'm eager to play with them ;P If you need anymore system info I can get that to you, thanks!

http://tinypic.com/r/ay3qs6/7

What mobo and CPU? Based on what little there is to work with would say, put the 4GB sticks in slots 1-3, and the 2GB in 2-4. Looks like you have 1600 4GB and 1333 2GB sticks so may want to try 1333 in the BIOS with base timings of 9-9-9-24 CR at 2T or 2N (whichever available) and DRAM voltage at 1.57

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I tried switching the sticks around like you said. Worked fine for a while, but crashed when I tried to play NFS: Shift. I jut put it up to 1.515V (didn't have 1.507) so we'll see if that does it. I just want to be able to play the games I purchased X_x And btw, I am sure that they are both 1600 as I checked it before I made the purchase for the 2x4gb sticks. Something is just not working out right . . .

Comment

Working...
      X