Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL on ASUS M489GTD PRO USB3

Hi,
    Please, can anybody here give some help on this issue.

I was running a set of F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL (2x4gb) on ASUS motherboard M489GTD PRO USB3 and AMD 1090T CPU, Win7 64bits. Everything was running just fine.

I've just installed a new set, same product, and nothing works anymore. A burned smell came from the computer, during few seconds. I removed the AC cable. Later I restarted the computer with only one memory stick. I've tried one by one stick in all sockets. Nothing works. The motherboard makes 3 beeps, which means no memory detected, no matter what
    combination stick/socket I try.
    Are the new set of sticks faulty? Is the motherboard damaged?

Thanks for your help,

Fernando

Sounds like the motherboard is bad now if the original modules do not work. You will need to have it replaced, then test the modules to see if one may be bad.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Could be the PSU, what make & model do you have and how old is the unit?
      AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
      Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
      ASUS Crosshair V Formula
      2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
      SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
      Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
      Corsair HX850W Modular
      Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
      2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
        That's really bad news. I will RMA the new set to DirectCanada but who will replace my motherboard? I would never think about a faulty brand new memory stick burning the motherboard.
        I received the memory today and just filled the empty sockets.
        All the parts are under warranty but I bought the motherboard, processor and 1 set (the good one) of F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL at Newegg.com. The second set I bought few days ago at DirectCanada just because it was on sale!
        I'm going to check Newegg and Asus.
        Best regards,
        Fernando

Comment

Originally posted by NemesisChild View Post
          Could be the PSU, what make & model do you have and how old is the unit?
          Hi,
          The PSU sounds (and smells) OK. It's a PC Power & Cooling, 750W, bought in 2010. Everything ligths up, all fans, etc, then 3 beeps repeatedly and nothing more.
          The MB seems positively dead. I hope my 2 other sticks had survived to the new set.
          It's hard to believe that a brand new memory stick that can burn a motherboard, reaches the market.
          Best regards,
          Fernando

Comment

Working...
          X