Bluescreen Windows 7 64-bit. 8GB RAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluescreen Windows 7 64-bit. 8GB RAM

Model of the motherboard: GA-P55A-UD3P REV 1.0 (F14 BIOS latest).
    Model of the memory: F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT (x2, 4x2GB=8GB)
    Model of the CPU: Intel i5 750.

Memtest are like ok...8 hours passed with no errors, 5 passes 0 errors....Reboot, and bluescreen again. Sometimes boot well after changing something in the BIOS, but after a reboot, it goes bad again.

---------------------
    This week i bought 2x4GB 1333Mhz CL9 Sniper memory. I had this problem so i decided to change it for 4x2GB (F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT).

Now i have the same problems with these memories....

I tried a lot of combinations (Optimized defaults, Bios version downgrade, etc etc).

Sometimes my PC boots after clearing cmos or something but after 1 or 2 reboots PC start to fail again.

Previously memory config was 2x2GB CL8 1333mhz S****Talent and they went fine (tried lot of configs with previous memories 10x133, 8x166 (my 24/7 config) even i tried 10x166 with no problems...), so i dont know whats going on right now...i cant do a 10x133 Regular Clock...without having a bluescreen...

---

I need help right now..i dont know what to do......
    Last edited by sebadigri; 06-15-2011, 06:57 PM.

Trying to go back to 4GB of ram. If that solves my problem i will stay with 4gb...

EDIT: I think (the "I think"Number 53) i finally solved this...going back to 4GB of ram.
    Last edited by sebadigri; 06-15-2011, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Which Snipers do you have the 2x4GB 1.5 or 1.25 set, regardless, set the DRAM voltage of the set you have and the base timings on the package/sticks, set the CR (Command Rate) to 2T (or 2N if it uses the N) and give it a try

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sorry, i don-t have the snipers anymore, i changed them because i tought they were the main problem.

It was the 1.5v model.

Now i only have the Four 2GB Sticks (F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT). Removing 2 sticks (and keeping 4GB) i think is working pretty good (like my old ddr3)...(trying to install a windows right now, maybe without bluescreen). At least my main partition booted well many reboots.

I think that the main problem is that my Motherboard doesn't really support 8GB of ram without problems...
        In the manual says that support 16GB...but tried with these 2 configs with a lot of bluescreens. but who knows..it also says...SATA3 Support and it was like a lie....because the sata3 channel is slower than the intel sata2 integrated to chipset channel....

Also if i google "Windows 7 8gb bluescreen" i see a huge amount of people with the same problems i have.
        Last edited by sebadigri; 06-15-2011, 07:54 PM.

Comment

With 4 sticks may have to increase voltage to DRAM and to the MC (memory controller

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Memory controller = QPI voltage? I set the QPI to 1.34v aprox and still with problems

for the ram..DDR says about 1.56v in the PC & Health status.

Do i need more than 1.5v in ram? never tried go for instance 1.65v with these 4 sticks. Is not enough for 4 non dissipated sticks?
            Last edited by sebadigri; 06-15-2011, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
              With 4 sticks may have to increase voltage to DRAM and to the MC (memory controller
              When i use only 1 channel (4GB) i think some parameters change, for example "command rate" now is set 1T.

But when i had 2 channels (4 sticks, 8GB) i think i had Command rate "2T".

timings, etc are used to change with more memory capacity or more sticks?

Comment

Combination of the two, the 1T CR offers better performance but 2T is less stress on the MC

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X