Asrock Z68 Extreme4 & DDR3-2133 F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Z68 Extreme4 & DDR3-2133 F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD

Just put together a new system with an Asrock Z68 Extreme4 MB and Gskill F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD 8GB DDR3-2133 kit.

I enabled XMS Profile 1 in the bios, but the memory comes up as DDR3-2128, 9-11-9-28, and the frequency is slightly off at 1064.3. Is this something I need to tweak? Or should I just ignore it?

By the way, the memory is at 7.9 in WEI...woo-hoo!

I had a situation the day after I installed it where the memory didn't initialize properly when I turned on the PC....I had to power off and power on, and things looked normal. Is this something I should be concerned with?

Thanks for the memory....

The frequency should be fine. The multipliers are not perfect for DDR3-2133, but it is OK. With regards to the initialization problem, keep using it and let us know if it continues to be an issue.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

What would the perfect multipliers be? Would it be worthwhile to try them?

Comment

Timings are good, assuming DRAM voltage at 1.65 (stock), since you have them under XMP could go into BIOS and jot down all the current timings, including advanced timings, then disable XMP and enter the same timings with the exception of putting the speed to 2133, if any problems, leave timings as is and add .02/.03 to the DRAM voltage to 1.67 or 1.68

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

No it's fine, it's just that all these clock speeds can be into decimals, so the overall frequency may not always be the exact frequency stated on the memory. It doesn't matter as long as it is close. DDR3-2133 and DDR3-2128 is not going to show any difference.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Originally posted by Jacques Tutite View Post
          What would the perfect multipliers be? Would it be worthwhile to try them?

Comment

It's been awhile and now the memory won't run in XMS mode without blue screening and so I am running it at stock speed (non-XMS) which I think is DDR3-1600, to be stable. Can you give me exact settings to manually try to get the speed back up again?? (Same MB as above).

Thanks.

Comment

With XMP enabled, did you increase VCCSA/IO Voltage to 1.10V?

Test one module at a time to see if one may be bad causing problems. Also, do you have the kit installed in the same color slots furthest away from the CPU?

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

With XMP enabled, did you increase VCCSA/IO Voltage to 1.10V?

No, but I'll try that.

Test one module at a time to see if one may be bad causing problems. Also, do you have the kit installed in the same color slots furthest away from the CPU?

Yes.

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes, latest bios.

The VCCSA voltage bump seems to have done the trick for now. It passes Memtest with XMP profile 1 enabled.

Thanks!

Comment

Glad to hear it, keep in touch

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X