ASUS M4A79XTD Evo and F3-8500CL7D-8GBRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS M4A79XTD Evo and F3-8500CL7D-8GBRL

As the title states, I'm using an ASUS M4A79XTD Evo and F3-8500CL7D-8GBRL and seem to be running into frequent bluescreens while in dual channel. I can with either of the sticks individually without any sort of issue at all, it only appears to negatively impact me when running with both of them in dual channel. I tried going in and setting timings and voltage to factory specs manually to no avail.

Specs:
    ASUS M4A79XTD Evo w/latest BIOS
    Phenom II X3 720
    PNY GTX 460 1GB
    Windows 7 64-bit

Any guidance or advice would be appreciated. Additionally, both stick are passing memtest without throwing out any errors.

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by Daring Mayo; 05-26-2011, 08:08 PM.

With the sticks being 4GB ea, may have to add some voltage to the CPU/NB maybe + .05 or so. Then if needed may also have to raise DRAM voltage to maybe 1.52/1.53. The MC (memory controller) may be having trouble, it's common w/ AMD CPUs, most all have weak MCs.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

If you continue to have problems, feel free to send them in for RMA and try a new kit.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Have you tried running them in the outside, dual channel slots?
        AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
        Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
        ASUS Crosshair V Formula
        2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
        SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
        Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
        Corsair HX850W Modular
        Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
        2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

Originally posted by NemesisChild View Post
          Have you tried running them in the outside, dual channel slots?
          I have, but that doesn't seem to change anything I'm experiencing.

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          With the sticks being 4GB ea, may have to add some voltage to the CPU/NB maybe + .05 or so. Then if needed may also have to raise DRAM voltage to maybe 1.52/1.53. The MC (memory controller) may be having trouble, it's common w/ AMD CPUs, most all have weak MCs.
          Tried this and also had no luck.

I ran more memtest passes on each module in each slot on the motherboard, they all passed without any errors at 8 passes each.

I did reseat the CPU and everything ran fine for awhile. I was able to boot in dual channel, everything seemed perfectly stable. I even managed to get multiple hours of heavy gaming in without issue. However today the problems started back up, and I'm back in single channel.

edit: Another piece of information that might be useful; the CPU temp is now running 3-4 degrees cooler with the memory in single channel than what it was in dual channel with identical ambient temperature (37C vs. 41-42C). Might be some information bias going on in my head, but would this further indicate issue with the CPU?
          Last edited by Daring Mayo; 05-28-2011, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Could but consider in dual channel the MC (memory controller) is working harder so there will be slightly more heat - but it also indicates the the MC is straining still, so may want to raise CPU/NB even a bit more

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Alrighty, I don't want to declare complete victory just quite yet, but things are indeed looking up. Further increase in the CPU/NB voltage and another small bump on the DRAM voltage seems to have stabilized things greatly. I'm booting in dual channel and currently on hour 3 of my 3rd Prime 95 battery.

Thanks for all the assistance, it's greatly appreciated when dealing with fairly frustrating issues such as this.

Comment

No problem....from the sounds of things....if you do have any further problems, would a tad more voltage to first the vCore, and see, then if needed a tad more to CPU/NB

Tman

Comment

Same problems cropped up again after leaving the computer off for a day, really not sure what to make of it. I found the thread discussing the cold boot issue with ASUS boards and some people seem to have had luck after RMAing, so I suppose I'll have to resort to that.

Comment

If you do, let us know how it goes w/ the new board.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X